Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Chrysler Extended Warranties - File a Claim? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/chrysler-extended-warranties-file-a-claim-65040.html)

mswlogo 09-04-2013 12:00 PM

Chrysler Extended Warranties - File a Claim?

I was reading the "Fine Print" on these extended warranties.

I was under the assumption that once all registered that is I have a warranty issue that I just pay the Service Dept the $100.00 Deductible and I'm done.

But it sounds like I have to pay for the service, then file a claim.

That sounds like a royal pain. Especially for small items that might be slight over $100.00

That's not how VW Extended Warranties work. The Dealer takes care of everything.

Is the process different if you buy the warranty at the dealership you want to normally get service at?

How easy has it been to file a claim? Many rejects?

mswlogo 09-04-2013 12:26 PM

Re: Chrysler Extended Warranties - File a Claim?

Hmm, I called my local dealer to see if they would match price and they came very close. Online is $2185.00 and dealer is $2290.00 Lifetime $100 deductible.

He also said I would not have to "File a Claim" after paying.

See

I think I misread the "fine print" on filing a claim.

Frequently Asked Questions : Factory Backed Chrysler Service Contract Information

It's applies to getting service from a non Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler shop.

jp467 09-04-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 887517)
I was reading the "Fine Print" on these extended warranties.

I was under the assumption that once all registered that is I have a warranty issue that I just pay the Service Dept the $100.00 Deductible and I'm done.

But it sounds like I have to pay for the service, then file a claim.

That sounds like a royal pain. Especially for small items that might be slight over $100.00

That's not how VW Extended Warranties work. The Dealer takes care of everything.

Is the process different if you buy the warranty at the dealership you want to normally get service at?

How easy has it been to file a claim? Many rejects?

I have used Chrysler service contracts many times and the dealer takes care of everything. I just pay the $100 dollar deductible to the dealer and that's it.

xJoshxx 09-04-2013 07:16 PM

Are you postive you bought a MOPAR backed warranty? some shady dealers will push off brand warranties to make more $$

mswlogo 09-05-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 887745)
Are you postive you bought a MOPAR backed warranty? some shady dealers will push off brand warranties to make more $$

I have not bought anything yet.

Read my second post. I misread the "File a Claim" thing.