Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Jeep Garage Event? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/jeep-garage-event-65051.html)

14StormTrooper 09-04-2013 04:53 PM

Jeep Garage Event?

I talked to Scott about this a few weeks ago but wanted everyones thought on this. This goes for all jeeps not just SRTs unless we had a separate SRT event sometime.

But I was wondering if people would be interested in some sort of a jeep garage weekend event that we could plan a long ways in advance so people could make plans.

A) would people be interested in having to drive far to go to an event like this or would people not waste their time? Obviously some people will have to drive further than others depending on where we held an event.

B) which types of activites or ideas would you guys have for the weekend- I thought we could find somewhere that we could rent our a drag strip for an afternoon or night for whoever to have fun and just run grudge matches ( even if your a lifted wrangler).

C) I'm sure scott could find some companies interested in helping sponsor the weekend and have their products available to purchase on site ( like a moparpalooza)

D) find a hotel near that would give us all cheap rates for the weekend.

Anyways, I might be the only one who would drive several hours to meet up for an event like this but I just wanted to get a feel on how everyone else honestly felt. This website has a stupid amount of members so this could turn out to be a really big event each year.

Thanks for your input!

Scottina06 09-04-2013 07:36 PM

Re: Jeep Garage Event?

YOU know Im in

JohnS 09-04-2013 07:53 PM

Back in the early 2000's a group on a Camaro forum used to meet once a year in Bowling Green, Kentucky. We usually had people come from all over the US and Canada. We piggy-backed on a much larger event sponsored by GM. We always had a great time. Its success was due to a number of reasons - sponsorship by GM; lots of organized activities, e.g. tours of local sites (for families), tours of the Corvette Plant, drag racing at the local strip, cruises through the countryside, auctions of Camaro stuff for charity; group meals/closing banquet, vendors, hotel discounts, wonderful people, and opportunities to drive new GM vehicles. Needless to say it took a lot of organizing (by volunteers at the Corvette Museum) and $$$. It was the 'must attend' event each year. Sadly, GM stopped their sponsorship and the event ended after about 5 or 6 years. A few of us still get together at various car shows in the US & Canada, but nothing like the good ol' days in Bowling Green.

I suggest, to make a successful Jeep event, it would be nice to have some kind of sponsorship, e.g. corporate Chrysler/Jeep, to cover the costs & liabilities; a core group of local volunteers to help organize and manage the event; & finally have lots of things to see and do for all attendees with various interests (all ages & family members), e.g. vendors, cruises, tours, off-roading, road & drag racing. IMHO, this will be the only way to draw large numbers of Jeep owners from many miles away.

dean5 09-04-2013 07:56 PM

Great Idea, i'm on the E. Coast, thats a long way from texas, maybe have to be regional. It would be pretty cool to see everyones rides in person.

willjeep 09-04-2013 07:57 PM

Theres a nice track at English town N.J.? I would go to that one.

RAC88 09-04-2013 08:19 PM

Kansas City is central. ;-)

Scottina06 09-04-2013 08:20 PM

we will have sponsors...from Jeep to SRT...and vendors. If members from jeepGarage will come....it will be successful

CityCrawler 09-04-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willjeep (Post 887778)
Theres a nice track at English town N.J.? I would go to that one.

I could make that! I would also be down for a drive to attend an event of this magnitude. Would be fun if it had some mud boggs and a rock course to crawl..

JohnS 09-04-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 887790)
we will have sponsors...from Jeep to SRT...and vendors. If members from jeepGarage will come....it will be successful

Cool! :thumbsup:

CNY_WK2 09-04-2013 09:18 PM

I went to the 2nd LX Springfest in Irving,CA years ago and it was awesome. Now that I am in the Northeast hopefully something could happen nearby.

I would be in as long as my schedule and location worked well.

JeepFreak12 09-04-2013 10:05 PM

I'm in forsure, I'd love a track day. Michigan is pretty much in the middle so ill drive anywhere not too far lol.

xJoshxx 09-04-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 887790)

I'm in if it's close! Gotta meet the Infamous Scott! haha :thumbsup: