Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   How is the air conditioning in very hot temp? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/how-is-the-air-conditioning-in-very-hot-temp-65076.html)

JGC4x4 09-05-2013 01:39 PM

How is the air conditioning in very hot temp?

I read some people were complaining they thought it didn't blow cold enough and didn't cool down cabin quickly.
Thanks

GBJeep 09-05-2013 01:55 PM

What year model are you referring to? The a/c on my 2011 works great & the heat index today is 101.

TurboRush 09-05-2013 02:26 PM

Re: How is the air conditioning in very hot temp?

I have a 2014 and its ice cold...

lstowell 09-05-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGC4x4 (Post 888187)
I read some people were complaining they thought it didn't blow cold enough and didn't cool down cabin quickly.
Thanks

It is a big internal volume to cool down, and there are several things you can do to help it cool down quicker, such as open windows, use the roof vent mode, use recirc mode, set the temp to "LO" and crank the fans and use the Uconnect to direct air outputs, plus turn on the butt blower.

Even in auto mode, if you've set the desired temp to 70-72, you get a pretty good blower noise as it tries to cool down from the 90's or higher and the tunable air outlets have pretty good volume.

Once cool, the auto mode works fine for pretty much anything from the low 80's on up...

My biggest gripe is muggy, sunny days where the temp is in the 73-80 range, where the auto mode cuts air flow way too much for comfort. Manual fan speed works, but hey, this gives me something to complain about.

oxman 09-05-2013 03:32 PM

Toronto had a few days of true hot weather this summer - mid 90's. My 2012 Limited handled this very well.
The automatic setting takes care of everything pretty well. The only exception is that the autotmatic setting does not direct enough air to rear passengers. When I have rear passengars, I manually turn up the fan a couple of notches, without turning the temperature setting down. I always make sure that the dashboard vents are pointed to the rear passengers for their sake and mine, as I don't like air blowing directly on me.
I wish there were rear vents, controllable by rear passengers.

JGC4x4 09-05-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBJeep (Post 888204)
What year model are you referring to? The a/c on my 2011 works great & the heat index today is 101.

2013-2014.

Great news!

Thanks

JGC4x4 09-05-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 888232)
It is a big internal volume to cool down, and there are several things you can do to help it cool down quicker, such as open windows, use the roof vent mode, use recirc mode, set the temp to "LO" and crank the fans and use the Uconnect to direct air outputs, plus turn on the butt blower.

Even in auto mode, if you've set the desired temp to 70-72, you get a pretty good blower noise as it tries to cool down from the 90's or higher and the tunable air outlets have pretty good volume.

Once cool, the auto mode works fine for pretty much anything from the low 80's on up...

My biggest gripe is muggy, sunny days where the temp is in the 73-80 range, where the auto mode cuts air flow way too much for comfort. Manual fan speed works, but hey, this gives me something to complain about.

Haha.

Thanks for the detailed response.

JGC4x4 09-05-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxman (Post 888269)
Toronto had a few days of true hot weather this summer - mid 90's. My 2012 Limited handled this very well.
The automatic setting takes care of everything pretty well. The only exception is that the autotmatic setting does not direct enough air to rear passengers. When I have rear passengars, I manually turn up the fan a couple of notches, without turning the temperature setting down. I always make sure that the dashboard vents are pointed to the rear passengers for their sake and mine, as I don't like air blowing directly on me.

Thanks.

bill_de 09-05-2013 07:34 PM

68 on auto keeps things very comfortable year round for me.

---

Northland 09-05-2013 07:38 PM

My '14 stays very cool on the driver's side; I wish it were that cool on the passenger side also. But then I'd have to listen to my wife's screams as she rides on the roof... :eek:

Baalic 09-05-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxman (Post 888269)

there are?? did i miss something lol

Krisw123 09-05-2013 08:39 PM

Record equalling temps in Denver this week. 97 deg. My 2011 Ltd coping brilliantly. After 18 holes of golf has me cooled down in 5 mins!