Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 Low fuel indicator (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-low-fuel-indicator-65111.html)

Roki303 09-06-2013 11:22 AM

2014 Low fuel indicator
 
When is that suppose come on? I'm down to 75 miles (distance to empty) and about 1/8 of a tank and the lamp is still off. Is that another issue with my GC. I remember some time ago it came up with 100 miles DTE.

What do you guys see. I have V6 if that matters.

nickyj 09-06-2013 12:01 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
I think the warning light comes on at 50 miles.

Specx 09-06-2013 12:03 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
I've only had it come on when I'm below 30 miles range and the range changes to low as well instead of telling me how many more miles I have to go till empty.

Bborzell 09-06-2013 02:11 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
For what it's worth, shortly after the light came on and the "miles to go" number disappeared, I filled up and it took 22.4 gal.

2014 Overland V6

lstowell 09-06-2013 03:45 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 888773)
I've only had it come on when I'm below 30 miles range and the range changes to low as well instead of telling me how many more miles I have to go till empty.

Oh ow! Jeep must be in some sort of marketing/sales agreement with Diesel shoes or something.

BTW, the official name of that indicator is "Pedestrian Light" for those who live where gas stations are further apart. As in, welcome to your new title...

Roki303 09-06-2013 04:20 PM

I'm planning to ride it out until light comes up and than fill up just to see how far I can push this (hopefully will not have to push the truck to the nearest gas station).

My previous truck would turn on low fuel light with 1/4 tank left. At that time would take 16.5 gallons where tank was close to 21.

68camaro 09-06-2013 09:34 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
On my 2014 v6 gas, it just came on yesterday at 45 miles showing. On my old 2004 GC V8, once it hit "0" miles remaining, I still had quite a few miles left, at leat 10.

tomk 09-06-2013 09:35 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
the longtime Chrysler benchmark was "40 miles DTE", but of course the tank sensor wasn't good to within a couple gallons so your luck may vary.

on the WK2 I start thinking about gas stations when the 'range' gets below about 90 miles. Having been victim of a couple fuel-pump burnouts due to running the tank low in the '90s, I don't push it.

...tom

jacko15 09-06-2013 10:30 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
It's not a contest, no prize for closest to empty, I never let it go below a quarter tank.

prime 09-06-2013 11:38 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 888731)
When is that suppose come on? I'm down to 75 miles (distance to empty) and about 1/8 of a tank and the lamp is still off. Is that another issue with my GC. I remember some time ago it came up with 100 miles DTE.

What do you guys see. I have V6 if that matters.

I'm an Aussie and i own a WK My13 Grand Cherokee 3ltr turbo Diesel and i cant tell u in miles but when my tank gets to 100kms my fuel warning light comes on.

mswlogo 09-06-2013 11:47 PM

Re: 2014 Low fuel indicator
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyj (Post 888771)
I think the warning light comes on at 50 miles.

Ditto.

My old 2002 GC would come on at 20 and I would almost always push it past 0 miles left. I think it was a 20 Gal tank and took 20.5 once :)

Prestone 09-06-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 889265)

Ditto.

My old 2002 GC would come on at 20 and I would almost always push it past 0 miles left. I think it was a 20 Gal tank and took 20.5 once :)

+1, except mine was a 2000


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community