Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Sunroof screen (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/sunroof-screen-65118.html)

vnbWK2 09-06-2013 01:51 PM

Just wondering why the sunroof screen on the 2014 Overland and Limited are different.

On the Overland, it appears to be one straight piece with nothing covering the sides (similar to a banner).

On the Limited, like mine, the screen wraps around to cover part of the sides.

I would imagine the sunroofs are identical.

This is for the standard sunroof, not the panoramic roof.

Just to be different?

lstowell 09-06-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Sunroof screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 888837)
Just wondering why the sunroof screen on the 2014 Overland and Limited are different.

On the Overland, it appears to be one straight piece with nothing covering the sides (similar to a banner).

Just to be different?

On the Overland, it only has a coupla plastic thingies on either side that appear to be used as the mechanism to lower it a bit as the sunroof closes.

Dunno... maybe they think Limited drivers will be going slower than Overland drivers and therefore the Limited needs protection against bugs entering from the sides and the Overland driver only needs frontal bug protection?

Ya ever think about what is the last thing that goes thru a bug's head as it hits your windshield?

... its *ss.

bill_de 09-06-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 888837)

Just to be different?

I think the panoramic sunroof is standard on the Overland.

---

jeepinAl 09-06-2013 05:27 PM

If you're talking about the manual fabric sliding cover on the bottom of the sunroof, mine is completely flat.

Standard sunroof. Limited, aug build date

vnbWK2 09-06-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepinAl (Post 888998)
If you're talking about the manual fabric sliding cover on the bottom of the sunroof, mine is completely flat.

Standard sunroof. Limited, aug build date

Should have been more specific. I'm talking about the screen that pops up when the sunroof slides open.

Blakey 09-07-2013 02:12 PM

The pop up wind deflector on the SRT pano roof is a straight piece with no returns on each end

jeepinAl 09-07-2013 03:47 PM

oops, I see what ya mean.

I do have the side mesh on my Limited standard sunroof...and it's full of bugs, front and sides. Maybe the designers figured us Limited owners would actually drive where bugs live and leave the Starbucks parking lot to the Overland owners:D