Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   A glitch I've not seen discussed: UConnect clock runs slow... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/a-glitch-ive-not-seen-discussed-uconnect-clock-runs-slow-65196.html)

Avusblue 09-07-2013 10:48 PM

A glitch I've not seen discussed: UConnect clock runs slow...

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, been a lurker for a while (and a premium member) but never posted till now. I've been following the evolution of our UConnect operating system and experienced some of the "usual" problems. Accordingly, the dealer had to replace my 8.4A radio once and has updated the software as well -- I'm on 13.19.0 now. I love my 2014 Grand Cherokee overall (it's a Hemi V8 Limited AWD, built in April '13 and purchased in June) but it has an irritating intermittent issue I've not seen discussed.

My clock runs slow!

I wear an accurate wrist watch (Casio G-Shock that recieves a synch from the USNavy central Atomic clock every night) so it is always spot-on. Therefore, I notice when other clocks are inaccurate. When I get in the Jeep, sometimes the clock will be two minutes slow, sometimes 4 minutes, sometimes it'll be correct. I reset the clock almost every time I drive the Jeep, because otherwise, this daily inaccuracy will accumulate to a material error. Usually I set the time a couple minutes fast, thinking that when it loses a couple minutes over the course of the day, it'll be correct.

It never runs fast, only slow. Not always, but probably 4 out of 5 days. Am I the only one experiencing this? Any ideas? Suggestions? The dealer says they can't reproduce the issue, and frankly, how could they?

Thanks in advance for any experts help or advice.

Cheers,

Dave in Saint Paul.

Avusblue 09-07-2013 10:55 PM

Re: A glitch I've not seen discussed: UConnect clock runs slow...

Another question. I should clarify... I have the 8.4A radio that is "nav ready," but does not have the nav module activated. I have given thought to purchasing the nav activation. Has anyone here done so? And / or, can anyone tell me if I do make the upgrade, do I then gain the GPS-synch'd clock?

Thanks again. :)

Srt8_hmi 09-07-2013 11:12 PM

If you wanted a fast clock you should have bought the SRT... I've never noticed any discrepancies with mine. I'll keep an eye on it.

Tarponbeach 09-08-2013 07:37 AM

I was told by the dealer that if NAV is active, the system syncs time with the GPS satellites. My Nav is active, and the clock in my GC is dead on.

Avusblue 09-09-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarponbeach (Post 889839)
I was told by the dealer that if NAV is active, the system syncs time with the GPS satellites. My Nav is active, and the clock in my GC is dead on.

Tarponbeach: thanks for the comment. Can you confirm that your radio is the 8.4A, and that you activated the Nav as part of (or subsequent to) vehicle purchase? Versus having the 8.4AN radio that already has nav built-in.

I know that the 8.4A "activated" nav has fewer bells and whistles than the 8.4AN version, and I'd like to confirm that for $595, the GPS clock feature is indeed included with "activation".

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Tarponbeach 09-09-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avusblue (Post 890289)
Tarponbeach: thanks for the comment. Can you confirm that your radio is the 8.4A, and that you activated the Nav as part of (or subsequent to) vehicle purchase? Versus having the 8.4AN radio that already has nav built-in.

I know that the 8.4A "activated" nav has fewer bells and whistles than the 8.4AN version, and I'd like to confirm that for $595, the GPS clock feature is indeed included with "activation".

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was listed on the window sticker as a $595 "option". I'd really like to meet the rocket scientist at Jeep who comes up with all of these different configurations, based on trim level.

Correction, the window sticker in my owners packet was for another vehicle. The dealer must have mixed it up with my GC. My radio is the 8.4AN, not the 8.4A. Sorry for the error.

GCLimited 09-10-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avusblue (Post 890289)

Can you confirm that your radio is the 8.4A, and that you activated the Nav as part of (or subsequent to) vehicle purchase? Versus having the 8.4AN radio that already has nav built-in.

I have the "8.4A" radio (not the 8.4AN), I had my NAV activated later on (free from the dealership...long story), and yes I synced the clock with the NAV...and the radio clock has been dead on since.

:thumbsup:

eatmorepizza 11-12-2013 11:52 PM

I have the same issue. No nav. It's so annoying!!!! Chrysler can't get the clock to work right

YjagetaJeep 11-13-2013 01:52 AM

That is unbelievable. ..I've received quartz watches with gas fill-ups that kept PERFECT time

TurboRush 11-13-2013 08:45 AM

I believe the latest uConnect update 13.38.52 references "Clock Enhancements" in its release notes - might address the issue for those without Nav.

eatmorepizza 11-13-2013 08:47 AM

Sometimes it's worst. In the beginning it would lag behind 1min/day now its 2-4/day. I'm using auto start more now and I couldn't help to think it might be that, but sounds totally nuts.

eatmorepizza 11-13-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboRush (Post 929710)
I believe the latest uConnect update 13.38.52 references "Clock Enhancements" in its release notes - might address the issue for those without Nav.

Thank you! I will look into that