Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Bluetooth range for phone connection... too good? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/bluetooth-range-for-phone-connection-too-good-65222.html)

JeepersCreepers 09-08-2013 08:00 PM

Bluetooth range for phone connection... too good?

Twice now I've left my car running to go into a store or my house or something and I've tried to make a phone call while outside of the car, only for my phone seemingly to not make a connection despite having a good signal. Then suddenly I have an idea... and run out to my car and hear the other person saying "hello?" over the Jeep's speakers. :D

It's surprising how far the range is. Is there any way to make it so that it only pipes it through the car speakers when I'm actually in the car? I looked in UConnect and didn't see any relevant settings; I couldn't find any relevant settings on my phone either.

Crkwolf 09-08-2013 08:23 PM

Re: Bluetooth range for phone connection... too good?

My current car, Lincoln MKZ, does the same thing. I was shocked how far it covers. I'm just glad when the valet driver was in my car and I was on the phone, nothing I wouldn't want him to hear was heard......still looking forward to the time I get to purchase my JGC CRD.....

Willx 09-08-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers (Post 890122)
Twice now I've left my car running to go into a store or my house or something and I've tried to make a phone call while outside of the car, only for my phone seemingly to not make a connection despite having a good signal. Then suddenly I have an idea... and run out to my car and hear the other person saying "hello?" over the Jeep's speakers. :D

It's surprising how far the range is. Is there any way to make it so that it only pipes it through the car speakers when I'm actually in the car? I looked in UConnect and didn't see any relevant settings; I couldn't find any relevant settings on my phone either.

All vehicles are like this...

When you go to make the call, or accept the call simply use the transfer to handset function from the phone (various methods but on an android it is right on the screen during a bluetooth call).

Your other option is to turn off the Bluetooth on you phone when exitingg your vehicle (if you are leaving it running for some reason).

ExcursionDiesel 09-08-2013 09:00 PM

Same here. My Murano has crazy range...100 feet or more. I've done the "forgot I'm on BT handsfree" thing countless times. If you can think quickly enough (I can't), there is usually a selection on the phone screen to switch to handset for the duration if the call. Do it immediately after answering then speak.

bd

argue4u 09-09-2013 12:30 AM

I got a call the other day while my car was going through a car wash. One of those washes where you can look through the window as it goes through. There was an employee sitting in the car doing the interior windows as it was going through the wash and I noticed all of the sudden he stopped and started looking around. I realized my grandma was having a conversation with the car wash employee. I called her after disconnecting the bluetooth and she said he was a nice man lol.

JeepersCreepers 09-11-2013 10:18 AM

Ha, thanks guys. Yeah, the one time it happened, I was in the basement of my house and it still remained connected.

I'll look for that transfer to handset function; I didn't notice it before but I wasn't looking for it either. I guess I could also just turn off the car when I go inside somewhere which for security reasons is probably what I should be doing all the time anyway (and it is what I usually do).