Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Daytime LEDs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/daytime-leds-65226.html)

Dome 09-08-2013 11:30 PM

Daytime LEDs

... Can they be turned off... Or are they an aways on thing?

Hammerhead 09-09-2013 11:48 AM

Re: Daytime LEDs

It looks like they can be disabled in the uconnect access system. From the owner's manual:

Daytime Running Lights If Equipped
When this feature is selected, the headlights will turn on
whenever the engine is running. To make your selection,
touch the Daytime Running Lights soft-key, until a
check-mark appears next to setting, showing that setting
has been selected. Touch the back arrow soft-key to
return to the previous menu.

I'm guessing the DRLs can't be disabled if your Jeep is configured for Canada and other countries that require DRLs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dome (Post 890208)
... Can they be turned off... Or are they an aways on thing?

losbot 09-09-2013 11:54 AM

I have the option to turn off the DRLs. I like the look of them though, so I'm leaving it as is.

hotspur 09-09-2013 04:25 PM

Can't imagine why anyone would want to turn off the DRL's.

kennzz05 09-09-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotspur (Post 890569)
Can't imagine why anyone would want to turn off the DRL's.

because alot of people dont like the look of them on, and in addition are fed up with the government and their nanny rules,and would like the freedom to make that decision on their own.(or maybe thats just me)

hotspur 09-09-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 890594)
because alot of people dont like the look of them on, and in addition are fed up with the government and their nanny rules,and would like the freedom to make that decision on their own.(or maybe thats just me)

My, my...you are so oppressed.:rolleyes:

bill_de 09-10-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 890594)

Sometimes safety features don't enhance the beauty of your vehicle. I've never seen a pretty shoulder belt.

The great thing about DRL's is that you can't see them while you are driving, so what difference does it make? Unless it's an image thing. :rolleyes:

---

flashbang 09-10-2013 10:44 AM

Yes, you can disable them through the settings in uonnect however they only come on when the vehicle is in gear. Wish they stay on when the vehicle is running would be nice.

AAAA 09-10-2013 11:37 AM

You receive a discount on your auto insurance premium if you have them because the help prevent crashes. With so many cars being some version of grey these days, I find them helpful on vehicles coming toward me.

hotspur 09-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 890985)
You receive a discount on your auto insurance premium if you have them because the help prevent crashes. With so many cars being some version of grey these days, I find them helpful on vehicles coming toward me.

Exactly. Especially with the number of morons who don't turn on headlights on dark, rainy days.