Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   bwoody CAI system (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/bwoody-cai-system-65279.html)

14StormTrooper 09-10-2013 02:22 PM

bwoody CAI system

I just got my new system in and I unpackaged everything and noticed there are no directions included. Those of you who ordered it did you get directions with it? Or did you just figure it out on your own?

Scotty J 09-10-2013 03:47 PM

Re: bwoody CAI system

Looky here.

I didn't remove the fender well in it's entirety; I just bent it back enough to get my hands in there. It's a pretty straightforward install, until you get to the washer tank.

14StormTrooper 09-12-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty J (Post 891101)
Looky here.

I didn't remove the fender well in it's entirety; I just bent it back enough to get my hands in there. It's a pretty straightforward install, until you get to the washer tank.

Thank you

RockstarSRT 10-03-2013 02:06 PM

Just curious if anyone had any trouble with fitting this system, or missing parts? Dealer just called me and indicated there is a rubber sleave missing that connects the tube to tge throttle body.. anyone else have any problems their install?

14StormTrooper 10-03-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockstarSRT (Post 903566)
Just curious if anyone had any trouble with fitting this system, or missing parts? Dealer just called me and indicated there is a rubber sleave missing that connects the tube to tge throttle body.. anyone else have any problems their install?

I had trouble with the bracket not lining up, I had to bend it into place. As far as missing parts I had none besides them leaving out the instructions. I did have an issue with new washer tank leaking but I put some stuff on the hole and let it dry for 24 hours and it's perfect now.

RockstarSRT 10-03-2013 06:09 PM

shop called me today saying that the rubber piece that joins the intake to the throttle body is missing and they were having trouble fitting the thing.. Bwoody wanted them to send pics of the issue. it ended with me taking delivery without it installed tomorrow. Going to have to bring it back or do it myself once it's all sorted out. I'm going to be pissed if it isn't missing anything.

Scottina06 10-03-2013 07:10 PM

We had to muscle it onto the screw for the bracket...but we got it in about 30 seconds. We did have the truck on a lift.

RockstarSRT 10-03-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 903769)
We had to muscle it onto the screw for the bracket...but we got it in about 30 seconds. We did have the truck on a lift.

you have upgraded throttle body, too, right? Shouldn't the fit be easier with the OEM? Idk, I don't get it. Taking a little bit of the excitement out of picking it up tomorrow.

Scottina06 10-03-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockstarSRT (Post 903781)

you have upgraded throttle body, too, right? Shouldn't the fit be easier with the OEM? Idk, I don't get it. Taking a little bit of the excitement out of picking it up tomorrow.

They mill the inside of the tb bore. Vthe outside of the tb is still same diameter. But yeah...it tskes a little muscle to get it on that bolt.

barish93 10-03-2013 09:34 PM

Just something you guys may want to watch is that bracket seems to have a tendency to snap. It's done it twice on mine now.

jbjones85 12-24-2013 04:28 PM

Installed mine this weekend and love the increase in sound and the perceived throttle response increase.

A few notes for those on the fence.

in my opinion don't order their washer tank, it is way overpriced and not a very sophisticated solution. I went to an auto parts store and picked up a coolant overflow tank and made my own utilizing the stock pump/sensor/lines. (note I purchased from another member so it was the older style tank but from what I have heard the "new" design still leaves quite a bit to be desired). For the wiring I also just removed the stock connectors, extended the wires about 8" and reconnected the stock connectors instead of using their wire extension harness, much cleaner option and very reversible

The bracket was off ALOT so be prepared to bend it into place so it fits...

Overall I like the intake a lot but I think the washer tank and bracket need to be addressed in a more sophisticated way, especially considering the price point.

hankwedge 01-31-2014 09:08 PM

Gonna order the bwoody soon but I wanna make sure I order everything needed

T clamps
Dry charger (prob never see rain)
Afe filter
Washer bottle
New sensor
New plastic push pins

Thanks