Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Problem with Hesitation on Steep Inclines (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/problem-with-hesitation-on-steep-inclines-65317.html)

Tazz 09-11-2013 12:42 PM

Problem with Hesitation on Steep Inclines

I'm not sure if it is something that is easily explained by the fuel system's setup or if it is a larger problem in the making.

On my '13 GC (from purchase till now) whenever I come out of a particular parking garage (and sometimes continuing sporatically a little after leaving that same garage) the truck will hesitate on acceleration. The hesitation is minor but there is a definate miss. No Check Engine lights have been thrown but it happenes like clockwork going out of this garage. The incline is fairly steep (I'd assume it climbs 8-11 feet in about 30-35 feet, around 30'ish degrees). On top, its enough to engage the hill start assist. Also important is, it only hesitates on the first 10-15 feet of the climb out promptly gaining power back afterwards. And as stated previously, one out of every 30 times or so it will pop back up again on flat ground after leaving the same garage. Odd...

I've been chalking it up to something in the fuel system not happy with the incline, or maybe a traction control issue, but I'm curious if anyone had similar concerns or reports.

pcman 09-16-2013 08:03 PM

We have a 2014 summit and noticed the same thing. Accelerated from a stoplight that was on a pretty steep incline. We'd only had the car for a few hours so I thought/ am thinking this was simply a function of the hill assist feature. At any rate the car just wouldn't go then whoosh - off we went.

mbumgua 12-15-2013 02:01 AM

Re: Problem with Hesitation on Steep Inclines

Same thing with wife's 2013 GC with 3.6. Hesitates and then goes. Took it to Bob Moore Jeep in Phoenix. They said nothing was wrong with the vehicle. Seems that is the story we get every time it goes in for a problem.

berk483 12-16-2013 03:45 AM

If you are driving through the garage it may shift to 2nd or higher and when you come to the incline you might catch it off guard. Maybe it's trying to push you up in 2nd and then drops to 1st when it senses the throttle position, wheel speed, etc. etc. Try using the ERS and keep it in 1st to see if you can recreate it while taking a gear change/slow transmission response out of the equation.

lstowell 12-16-2013 01:38 PM

Does it still do this if sport mode is engaged?
Wondering if is just the typical "I'll get back to you in a second or two" response time of the drive train when running in ECO mode as it waits to see if you are serious.