Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-summit-speaker-color-different-on-l-and-r-65340.html)

silvermax04 09-11-2013 06:03 PM

2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
4 Attachment(s)
I noticed that the left and right speakers by the diver and passenger windows on my 2014 Summit are different one silver and one solid black with different mesh, the rest in car are silver I cant imagine this is correct but can someone with a black interior on a 2014 summit take a look and tell me what yours look like? Thanks :thumbsup:

BobsWK2 09-11-2013 06:45 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Went out to the garage to check. Mine with the black interior has the silver rings on both sides.

silvermax04 09-11-2013 06:53 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 891799)
Mine with the black interior has the silver rings on both sides.

Thanks much Bob that is what I figured. They probably ran out of the silver ones and just stuffed a black one on there to get it out the door. So much for the "extended quality inspection" that mine sat in for a month after being built. Wish I could just buy it instead of risking dealer damage to get the correct silver one :(

BobsWK2 09-11-2013 07:07 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 891803)
Thanks much Bob that is what I figured. They probably ran out of the silver ones and just stuffed a black one on there to get it out the door. So much for the "extended quality inspection" that mine sat in for a month after being built. Wish I could just buy it instead of risking dealer damage to get the correct silver one :(

I understand. Mine was pulled for a "Quality Assurance Test" which came with a big decal on the drivers window stating so. The problem is they put at least 30 miles on my Summit and still missed many items such as: misaligned liftgate, steering wheel off center to the right and a few other things.

I never did find out what the so called Quality Asssurance Test involves. They probably just took a joyride around Detroit to grab lunch. Maybe that explains why it needed a 4 wheel alignment at delivery. No doubt there are a lot of huge potholes around Detroit.

Scottina06 09-11-2013 07:15 PM

Only SRT audio equipped jeeps get the silver rings. Simple swap

silvermax04 09-11-2013 07:36 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 891818)
Only SRT audio equipped jeeps get the silver rings. Simple swap

All of the speakers in my summit came with silver on the edges except the one in the upper drivers door which is the one I guess they goofed on and put solid black. Do you know where I can buy these to fix their mistake, will dealer have them individually or is it part of some larger assembly?

silvermax04 09-11-2013 07:42 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 891812)
I understand. Mine was pulled for a "Quality Assurance Test" which came with a big decal on the drivers window stating so. The problem is they put at least 30 miles on my Summit and still missed many items such as: misaligned liftgate, steering wheel off center to the right and a few other things.

I never did find out what the so called Quality Asssurance Test involves. They probably just took a joyride around Detroit to grab lunch. Maybe that explains why it needed a 4 wheel alignment at delivery. No doubt there are a lot of huge potholes around Detroit.

Yeah I have the tailgate thing also and one of the front bumper sensors was pushed in, no bumper damage so I doubt it was hit afterwards just not installed properly, so agree Bob I have my doubts about the extended quality assurance also

Milous 09-11-2013 08:29 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 891839)
...will dealer have them individually or is it part of some larger assembly?

They are part of a large assembly, the upper door trim.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/temp/201...or_trim_01.jpg

The problem is that the parts book only lists one part number for that piece, and while identified as being for "SRT audio", using VIN filtering for either an SRT or Summit brings up no part numbers (grayed out). This could be challenging, your dealer is going to have to contact Specifying and open a special case.

silvermax04 09-11-2013 09:13 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 891873)
They are part of a large assembly, the upper door trim.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/temp/201...or_trim_01.jpg

The problem is that the parts book only lists one part number for that piece, and while identified as being for "SRT audio", using VIN filtering for either an SRT or Summit brings up no part numbers (grayed out). This could be challenging, your dealer is going to have to contact Specifying and open a special case.

Thanks for the info Milous appreciate it. Its not a huge deal but I don't think its asking too much for the speakers on each side to match on a 50K car or any car for that matter so I am going to have the dealer look at it. Where do you think this odd ball solid black one came from if there is only one part number ? thanks

Willx 09-11-2013 09:30 PM

I have sat in a few Summits. It is the mesh grill not the black plastic... it goes with the rest of the Harmon set that way.

Cheddy 09-11-2013 09:33 PM

The black covers do look like those for Laredo, Limited, or Overland. All mine on the Summit definitely have the silver ring. Should be easy fix at no cost...but may take a bit for them to get the correct parts.

silvermax04 09-11-2013 09:38 PM

Re: 2014 Summit speaker color different on L and R
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 891891)
I have sat in a few Summits. It is the mesh grill not the black plastic... it goes with the rest of the Harmon set that way.

Yes agree the one with the silver ring it is the correct one that matches the rest was just wondering where this misfit black plastic one came from if there is only one part number in the computer


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community