Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   04' WJ Driver Window Switch (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/04-wj-driver-window-switch-6536.html)

Chaoul1 02-13-2010 07:13 PM

04' WJ Driver Window Switch

Hey guys. I found out that my window switch, mirror switch, and power locks has gone out.( I think) I looked out the fuses and they all look fine leaving the only left over cause to the Switch. Plus on top of that on my EVIC it's showing me that my Driver Door is open when it is closed. I can't drive the Jeep because I have to set the Dim on the Dashboard all the way down because the Dome Lights stay on because it thinks my Driver Door is Open. My passenger side can unlock/lock the doors but the window won't go down. Same with the Rear Windows. Could this be the possible cause?

This has been the only electrical problem I have ever had with the Jeep.

Is the Window switch, power locks switch and mirror switch all one switch or all on one panel?

I looked on car-parts.com for a switch and can't seem to find one. I'm going to check eBay.

If someone could sell me one of theirs I would be very happy!

Thanks a lot guys.

ItsAJeepThing 02-13-2010 07:32 PM

Re: 04' WJ Driver Window Switch

There r plenty on ebay for abour 30-60$
Its 1 pannel with all window/lock/mirror switches

ItsAJeepThing 02-13-2010 07:37 PM

There r plenty on ebay for abour 30-60$
Its 1 pannel with all window/lock/mirror switches

Chaoul1 02-13-2010 07:40 PM

I found one on eBay. I just want to know if anyone has had this problem so i can confirm it.

ItsAJeepThing 02-13-2010 07:46 PM

I had something similar.. my driver side window wouldn't open.. I took off the panel and took out the switch to c wats wrong with it.. I found that 1 of the connectors was dirty so there was no connection.. I took somethin thin and sharp.. cleaned the connector and it works now.. try checking the connectors.. that could be the problem.. if not.. then I guess its the switch

Chaoul1 02-13-2010 07:49 PM

Do I have to take off the whole door panel for that? Or just unscrew where the little hole it right below the Switches?

ItsAJeepThing 02-13-2010 07:57 PM

U have to take off the whole pannel.. there r 3 screws all together.. 1 is next to the handle(that opens the door) 2nd is on top.. where the mirror is but inside(there is a cap covering the screw) and 3rd is in that little pocket next to the switches.. when u unscrew the pannel.. there are plastic pins that hold the pannel.. ur best choise is to use a flathead or something.. put it in between the pannel and the door and pull it.. after u r done.. there is a connector that goes from the door to the pannel(switch) and 2 metal rods.. as soon as u take them off.. u r good

surfb 02-13-2010 08:14 PM

Paul, make sure it's not a body module..Very similar prob with my 2004 ,was a body module

Chaoul1 02-13-2010 08:21 PM

:O. Let's see first. How could you find out it's the body module?

Chaoul1 02-13-2010 08:41 PM

I check wjjeeps.com it's the Driver Door Module. Door Modules control various electronic features such as power door locks, and Driver door lock won't budge, power windows, power mirrors, courtesy lighting, and the liftgate lock motor. So far those are the things not working and not working properly.

Things that work properly are; radio, steering wheel controls, ac/heater controls, EVIC (but saying my Driver door is open), headlights and tailights, 12 Volt plugs, speedometer.

surfb 02-13-2010 08:53 PM

Yep, thats it.Safford Jeep in Springfield has the part.

surfb 02-13-2010 08:54 PM

Mine was under warranty.Don't know your warranty status..