Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 GC with 8.4AN is Possessed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-gc-with-8-4an-is-possessed-65423.html)

Tarponbeach 09-13-2013 10:36 AM

2014 GC with 8.4AN is Possessed

I've had my GC for about two weeks, and for the most part, everything worked as advertised. My GC has the 8.4AN Radio running v. 13.28.2 Firmware. Last night, out of the blue, the easy exit seat stopped working. The steering wheel still goes up on exit, and down on start, but nothing with the seat.

I've always had trouble with the brake assist check box not sticking, but that now seems to stay checked.

This morning I noticed that the blind spot triangles on the exterior mirrors are not lighting up in traffic, and there is no chime when another vehicle is in the blind spot. I unchecked "blind spot" on the 8.4AN, then re-checked it, to no avail.

What is troubling me is the randomness of these failures, and how some options seem to "fix themselves".

Anyone else having similar problems, and if so, have you found any solutions? I'm rapidly losing faith in the GC's electronics, wondering what is going to fail next. Thanks.

bill_de 09-13-2013 12:53 PM

Re: 2014 GC with 8.4AN is Possessed

There are lots of threads discussing random happenings. Take a look around and you'll find more than you wanted to know. ;)

---

RFF111 09-13-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarponbeach (Post 892760)
I've had my GC for about two weeks, and for the most part, everything worked as advertised. My GC has the 8.4AN Radio running v. 13.28.2 Firmware. Last night, out of the blue, the easy exit seat stopped working. The steering wheel still goes up on exit, and down on start, but nothing with the seat.

I've always had trouble with the brake assist check box not sticking, but that now seems to stay checked.

This morning I noticed that the blind spot triangles on the exterior mirrors are not lighting up in traffic, and there is no chime when another vehicle is in the blind spot. I unchecked "blind spot" on the 8.4AN, then re-checked it, to no avail.

What is troubling me is the randomness of these failures, and how some options seem to "fix themselves".

Anyone else having similar problems, and if so, have you found any solutions? I'm rapidly losing faith in the GC's electronics, wondering what is going to fail next. Thanks.

My BSM hasn't worked for weeks. At this point, I'm not even going to bother with fixing it. My dealership ordered the "module" and it is on "national back-order" whatever that means. The bigger issue is why a practically new vehicle presents with a failure in one of its major safety/warning systems this early on. I LOVE this Jeep, one of the nicest SUV's ever made (and I've driven everything), but it's been a frustrating experience since I took delivery in March. I am actually looking at the new GX460. Kinda funky new front-end, but it has similar off-road chops and better reliability.

Tarponbeach 09-13-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 892894)
My BSM hasn't worked for weeks. At this point, I'm not even going to bother with fixing it. My dealership ordered the "module" and it is on "national back-order" whatever that means. The bigger issue is why a practically new vehicle presents with a failure in one of its major safety/warning systems this early on. I LOVE this Jeep, one of the nicest SUV's ever made (and I've driven everything), but it's been a frustrating experience since I took delivery in March. I am actually looking at the new GX460. Kinda funky new front-end, but it has similar off-road chops and better reliability.

I agree. On my previous vehicle, a Ford Edge, if the BSM system malfunctioned, it gave a message in the message center. Not too impressed with Jeep electronics so far.

BobsWK2 09-13-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 892894)

The back end is no better. I had a 2007 GX470 and with the redesigned GX460, the front and rear chased me away from a GX.

RFF111 09-14-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 892953)
The back end is no better. I had a 2007 GX470 and with the redesigned GX460, the front and rear chased me away from a GX.

Not sure who designs Lexus SUVs but man they are designing themselves out of the market.

BobsWK2 09-15-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 893144)
Not sure who designs Lexus SUVs but man they are designing themselves out of the market.

I agree. If they still looked good, I wouldn't have even looked at the WK2. Sometimes I wish I just got the 2012 GX460 and looked past the ugliness of the exterior rather than all the little annoyances that the 2014 Summit has.

Tarponbeach 09-15-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 893144)

It is designed by Toyota, and in most Countries, sold as a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. I believe the U.S and the U.K are the major markets selling it as a Lexus.

willjeep 09-15-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarponbeach (Post 892760)

Tarponbeach,
Regarding easy entry & exit, how far back is the seat? If it is near all the way back the seat has no need to move.

Regarding the blind stop monitor. It will only chime if a car is in your blind spot and you engage the turn signal to that side.

Tarponbeach 09-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willjeep (Post 893884)

Tarponbeach,
Regarding easy entry & exit, how far back is the seat? If it is near all the way back the seat has no need to move.

Regarding the blind stop monitor. It will only chime if a car is in your blind spot and you engage the turn signal to that side.

Thanks Willjeep, I thought of that, but the seat was within what the manual specifies, for easy exit to work. Properly. In another thread, someone detailed recall rating the servo motors on the seat by moving it all the way forward, then all the way back. That did the trick, and now the easy exit seat operates properly.

With regard to the BSM, it totally stopped working, amber mirror triangles not illuminating with another vehicle in the radar zone. After a few restarts, it is back to normal.

willjeep 09-15-2013 06:19 PM

Glad you got the easy entry working ( I remember that thread now ) good to keep in mind. Lets hope the blind spot was a fluke and keeps working. I have 13-28.2 also the only issue I am having is the comfort setting on start up won't stay checked, I am sure there are others but I don't use every feature. Very happy with my truck.

plynn7 09-15-2013 06:36 PM

Check the fuses and make sure none have work there way loose. I was under the hood today and decided to check out the fuse box and noticed just about all the fuses needed to pushed in. It was almost like they were just sitting in the socket and not seated all the way in. I was able to push them all down and felt a click when they were seated. Could be the fuse worked it's way lo0se. Good Luck!