Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   colorado floods - RIP WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/colorado-floods-rip-wk2-65447.html)

chibianh 09-13-2013 09:26 PM

colorado floods - RIP WK2

1 Attachment(s)
For those affected by the floods, I just want to say that my thoughts are with you. I hope moosehead and all other Coloradans here have been fortunate as I have been in all of this. Besides lots of standing water in the streets, my family and I are all safe and very minimal property damage in our areas. I also hope that this WK2 didn't belong to anyone on here. RIP WK2.

Scottina06 09-13-2013 10:22 PM

Re: colorado floods - RIP WK2

wow....hope all our CO members are safe!

BigWave 09-13-2013 10:32 PM

Glad you and your family are ok. Mother Nature continues to prove she is a beast to be respected.

teekay1 09-14-2013 10:53 AM

I made sure mine didnt leave the garage this whole last week hope everyone else is good

moosehead 09-14-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks for the good words C, we are good, though others are obviously having major challenges, and many have still not responded. Best wishes to all.

lstowell 09-15-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibianh (Post 893063)
For those affected by the floods, I just want to say that my thoughts are with you. I hope moosehead and all other Coloradans here have been fortunate as I have been in all of this. Besides lots of standing water in the streets, my family and I are all safe and very minimal property damage in our areas. I also hope that this WK2 didn't belong to anyone on here. RIP WK2.

Where is that photo taken..... ?

Lots of vehicles, including Sheriff's Durangos under water here, which is the least of the damage--and its raining steadily again along the front range.

AAAA 09-16-2013 02:24 PM

Hope members are OK. Man, that WK2 is truly totaled.

chibianh 09-16-2013 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 893748)
Where is that photo taken..... ?

Lots of vehicles, including Sheriff's Durangos under water here, which is the least of the damage--and its raining steadily again along the front range.

This was in Boulder. I've attached another picture. PS- I did not take these..

moosehead 09-16-2013 06:59 PM

Copied from NBC News story that was originally published on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 PM EDT

Colorado floods: How to help

Slideshow: Deadly floods swamp Colorado

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/...otoblog600.jpg/
Days of heavy rainfall flooded Colorado mountain towns, obliterating roads and leaving many people stranded.

Launch slideshow

By Simon Moya-Smith and Sophia Rosenbaum, NBC News
Many organizations are already trying to find ways to help thousands of Coloradans affected by this past week's deadly flooding — by setting up relief funds, coordinating volunteers and dispersing supplies.
Local, national and state organizations are all teaming up to provide a range of services, but Heather Spencer of Foothills United Way said people should be weary of fraud.
“People want to help and they have great intentions but they need to do a little bit of homework before they donate,” she said. “Scammers are out there all over the place.”

Here are some of the legitimate ways you can help:
  • NBC News has set up a Facebook group for people to share information and stories out of the the tragic flooding.
  • Foothills United Way: The Foothills Flood Relief Fund launched on Sept. 13 in response to the unfolding disaster in Colorado. All of the money donated is going directly to people affected by the floods, according to Heather Spencer, the communications manager of Foothills United Way. The fund is focusing on Boulder and Broomfield counties, where the organization is located. It will work with local and state officials to determine what people’s needs are and partner with the appropriate organizations. The Boulder Community Foundation is matching up to $50,000 of donations.
  • Help Colorado Now: HelpColoradoNow.org is a collaboration between the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and the Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster that pairs donations with survivor’s needs. They have compiled a list of reputable organizations for people to donate money, which it says is the most effective way to help. The site also has several lists to organize volunteers and materials needed — like food, water and clothing.
  • Colorado chapters of the American Red Cross: Since the floods started last week, the Red Cross and its partners have provided shelter to more than 1,600 people, served more than 7,000 meals and helped affected residents find the proper health and mental health professionals, according to its website. There are currently eight operating shelters across the state to help those that have been displaced. The Red Cross is accepting financial donations for relief and recovery, but is directing any small donations to Help Colorado Now.
  • Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is providing food and shelter to five of the hardest-hit counties in Colorado. Across the state, it has distributed thousands of meals to displaced people, emergency responders and law enforcement in affected areas. The Fort Collins shelter will remain open for 30 to 90 days.
  • All Hands Volunteers: Three All Hands Volunteers employees visited Boulder last week and reported the flood damage covers a wide swath of Colorado. As a non-profit volunteer organization, AHV is organizing volunteers to launch a project in Colorado when it deems the area safe. The organization is asking for both monetary donations and volunteers to support its immediate efforts to help people evacuate and its upcoming effort to help areas recover.

kkreit01 09-17-2013 08:27 AM

Very sad for our neighbors to the west. That would be devastating.

Aiyer 09-17-2013 08:57 PM

Yeah, it was bad. Never expected flooding in CO. My friend, who lives in Boulder, had his basement flooded.

We went camping just a week ago at RMNP and spent time in Estes Park. Seeing pics of flooding there is unbelievable. we were just there....

Stay safe everyone...

-A