Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/confused-about-tire-jack-mode-2014-a-65470.html)

not_too_shabby 09-14-2013 05:35 PM

Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014

I want to rotate my tires and install my rear splash guards, so I will be jacking up the car. I have quadralift, so I want to disable it from leveling the car. Looking at the manual it describes an Tire/Jack mode option in the uconnect. Why does it say this mode is intended to be used with engine running? Obviously I don't want to keep the engine running while I am swapping tires.

Tire/Jack Mode
To assist with changing a spare tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled. Refer to “Uconnect® Access Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
NOTE: This mode is intended to be used with engine running.

bill_de 09-14-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014

In my owner's manual (V 4) it says;

"NOTE:
This mode is intended to be enabled with engine running."

Notice the one word difference? Did they change the manual or did you misquote it,?

---

not_too_shabby 09-14-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 893413)
In my owner's manual (V 4) it says; "NOTE: This mode is intended to be enabled with engine running." Notice the one word difference? Did they change the manual or did you misquote it,? ---

I copied and pasted from R3. They must have fixed it. Thanks. That makes more sense and I need to download a newer manual.

lstowell 09-15-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 893410)
I want to rotate my tires and install my rear splash guards, so I will be jacking up the car. I have quadralift, so I want to disable it from leveling the car. Looking at the manual it describes an Tire/Jack mode option in the uconnect. Why does it say this mode is intended to be used with engine running? Obviously I don't want to keep the engine running while I am swapping tires.

Tire/Jack Mode
To assist with changing a spare tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled. Refer to “Uconnect® Access Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
NOTE: This mode is intended to be used with engine running.

put the thing in park, take your key fob in the house, then do the swap.

I don't recall if the lift requires the engine be running to make any height changes, but that jack mode is allegedly to keep it from doing anything...

willjeep 09-15-2013 12:57 PM

The QL will level the truck with the engine off. Should you happen to park on a incline, the G.C. will level herself so she looks purdy.