Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/confused-about-tire-jack-mode-2014-a-65470.html)

not_too_shabby 09-14-2013 05:35 PM

Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014

I want to rotate my tires and install my rear splash guards, so I will be jacking up the car. I have quadralift, so I want to disable it from leveling the car. Looking at the manual it describes an Tire/Jack mode option in the uconnect. Why does it say this mode is intended to be used with engine running? Obviously I don't want to keep the engine running while I am swapping tires.

Tire/Jack Mode
To assist with changing a spare tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled. Refer to “Uconnect® Access Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
NOTE: This mode is intended to be used with engine running.

bill_de 09-14-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Confused about Tire/Jack mode 2014

In my owner's manual (V 4) it says;

"NOTE:
This mode is intended to be enabled with engine running."

Notice the one word difference? Did they change the manual or did you misquote it,?

---

not_too_shabby 09-14-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 893413)
In my owner's manual (V 4) it says; "NOTE: This mode is intended to be enabled with engine running." Notice the one word difference? Did they change the manual or did you misquote it,? ---

I copied and pasted from R3. They must have fixed it. Thanks. That makes more sense and I need to download a newer manual.

lstowell 09-15-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 893410)
I want to rotate my tires and install my rear splash guards, so I will be jacking up the car. I have quadralift, so I want to disable it from leveling the car. Looking at the manual it describes an Tire/Jack mode option in the uconnect. Why does it say this mode is intended to be used with engine running? Obviously I don't want to keep the engine running while I am swapping tires.

Tire/Jack Mode
To assist with changing a spare tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled. Refer to “Uconnect® Access Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
NOTE: This mode is intended to be used with engine running.

put the thing in park, take your key fob in the house, then do the swap.

I don't recall if the lift requires the engine be running to make any height changes, but that jack mode is allegedly to keep it from doing anything...

willjeep 09-15-2013 12:57 PM

The QL will level the truck with the engine off. Should you happen to park on a incline, the G.C. will level herself so she looks purdy.

Diesel Dan 07-28-2016 06:34 AM

Bringing up an old thread for clarification.

I know there is a "jack mode" in the settings. But reading the Quadralift information on WK2jeeps.com, it says to hold both the up and down buttons for 5-10 seconds to disable the auto-leveling. My question is, do they both do the same?

The reason I ask is that my brother has a 2-post garage lift, and I want to know for sure how to lift the vehicle without destroying the air suspension.

JTS97Z28 07-28-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Dan (Post 1310212)
Bringing up an old thread for clarification.

I know there is a "jack mode" in the settings. But reading the Quadralift information on WK2jeeps.com, it says to hold both the up and down buttons for 5-10 seconds to disable the auto-leveling. My question is, do they both do the same?

The reason I ask is that my brother has a 2-post garage lift, and I want to know for sure how to lift the vehicle without destroying the air suspension.

Yes I believe they both do the same thing. I think the reason being is that's how tire/jack mode was activated on the older 2011-2013 models that didn't have the fancy uconnect and all the settings within that. It looks like it just carried over into the 2014+ models. So its two different ways to achieve the same thing.

Kidd_Funkadelic 07-28-2016 07:52 AM

I had a flat repaired recently and the garage used a floor jack to lift that one tire off the ground. I forgot about this setting until after the fact (and they certainly didn't enable it). Hopefully all is well. I haven't seen any obvious issues.

I do wonder if this is more important on lifts that will take the entire vehicle off the ground.

JTS97Z28 07-28-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidd_Funkadelic (Post 1310220)
I had a flat repaired recently and the garage used a floor jack to lift that one tire off the ground. I forgot about this setting until after the fact (and they certainly didn't enable it). Hopefully all is well. I haven't seen any obvious issues.

I do wonder if this is more important on lifts that will take the entire vehicle off the ground.

No it wont hurt anything, its just a setting that disables the possibility of the suspension adjusting while its being jacked.

Diesel Dan 07-28-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 1310221)
No it wont hurt anything, its just a setting that disables the possibility of the suspension adjusting while its being jacked.

I had the Jeep dealer fix a puncture, and didn't tell them about the air suspension. The air suspension had problems after that, and ended up replacing the compressor assembly. Not sure if mine was a bad unit, or they forgot to turn it off and fubared it.

ICTsccaSRT 07-31-2016 09:39 AM

We/ I lift them all day without disabling the air suspension, the system does get a little mad and lift it's self to OR2 position normally while on a lift but there is no possibility of system damage. Vs. many old ford and Lincoln cars with air suspension would blow out the air suspension if the system was not turned off before service, our jeeps system is a lot smarter than the old ford to know to not hurt its self.