Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What would be a mid size 14 summit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-would-be-a-mid-size-14-summit-65496.html)

mfa81 09-15-2013 12:51 PM

What would be a mid size 14 summit?

So here is the deal, wife is in love with our new 14 summit, but think it's just too big, hard to park at work or mall, so she was asking for something smaller to trade in her kia sportage.

I looked around and maybe the cherokee limited fully load could be the ticket but I'm more into the rdx with the technology package!

It's kinda hard to find anything like the GC out there, every other car most of the stuff that is standard on the summit is extra! The RDX IS WHAT IT's coming closer!

The Q5 is just too expensive, pretty much every little thing is $500 extra!

Anything I'm missing? This car would do 0 off road, just city and highway drive! What's there comparable to a fully loaded wk2 but in a crossover body?

jgc4ever 09-15-2013 01:13 PM

Re: What would be a mid size 14 summit?

I don't think the WK2 is too big at all. Maybe she should practice parking? I just think anything smaller is pointless. Where will she put all those bags from shopping in a small crossover? Sorry, I'm not much help for what would be a good crossover.

Shannon 09-15-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfa81 (Post 893752)
So here is the deal, wife is in love with our new 14 summit, but think it's just too big, hard to park at work or mall, so she was asking for something smaller to trade in her kia sportage.

I looked around and maybe the cherokee limited fully load could be the ticket but I'm more into the rdx with the technology package!

It's kinda hard to find anything like the GC out there, every other car most of the stuff that is standard on the summit is extra! The RDX IS WHAT IT's coming closer!

Anything I'm missing? This car would do 0 off road, just city and highway drive! What's there comparable to a fully loaded wk2 but in a crossover body?

Take her out and have her test drive a Ford Excursion and a Chevy Suburban. Have her try to park those. Then have her get back into the JGC. She will the realize the the JGC is not too big. :D:D:D

Willx 09-15-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfa81 (Post 893752)

You could try looking at the "Cherokee" but there are not any at dealers until a week from now or so.

Frankly though, have your wife drive the GC, it has an EXTREMELY tight turning radius for it's size so it is easier to park than smaller vehicles like a GMC Terrain. Also on the Summit you are looking at there are front and rear park sensors, plus the Camera on the 8.4 Screen is very sharp with turning guide lines.....

It handles much smaller than you would expect and I think you should take a test drive and actually try the manoevers you are talking about before turning away from it. You are correct, anything else is a far step away!

bill_de 09-15-2013 01:54 PM

The fact that other vehicles offer options, instead of having everything standard, should make no difference. The other's probably have a lower base price.

Look at your GC. It's just a Laredo with the Summit option.

The Cherokee might be a good choice, but your wife will be the only one who knows for sure. All of the pros and con's we toss around will mean nothing once she takes a test drive.

The Acura will probably have fewer initial bugs, and a better customer service experience when some show up.

---

Willx 09-15-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 893796)

The Acura will probably have fewer initial bugs, and a better customer service experience when some show up.

---

Nah, we only infected yours with the bugs :)... besides, you like your dealer and his coffee :D

jacko15 09-15-2013 02:00 PM

My JGC seems like a compact next to the Buick Enclave I traded in for it.

mfa81 09-15-2013 02:05 PM

I'm waiting to see a cherokee at the dealer! and I told her we should take a yukon xl for a drive! :-)

bill_de 09-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 893797)
Nah, we only infected yours with the bugs :)... besides, you like your dealer and his coffee :D

I doubt that the Acura dealer I used is offering coffee any more. Now they drop off a loaner and pick up your car. Coffee must have gotten expensive. Maybe the Jeep dealer will realize that and start dropping off loaners. :lol:

---

Willx 09-15-2013 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 893800)
My JGC seems like a compact next to the Buick Enclave I traded in for it.

Well, I have been in shorter Busses :D

Willx 09-15-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 893807)
I doubt that the Acura dealer I used is offering coffee any more. Now they drop off a loaner and pick up your car. Coffee must have gotten expensive. Maybe the Jeep dealer will realize that and start dropping off loaners. :lol:

---

The way you talk about it I wonder if you personally changed the economics of it :).... keep drinking that coffee, other people who use that service department may thank you!:thumbsup:

jacko15 09-15-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 893812)
Well, I have been in shorter Busses :D

So, you're saying you rode the "short bus", hey, so did I! :lol: