Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New overland user here! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-overland-user-here-65508.html)

mac5217 09-15-2013 05:12 PM

New overland user here!

Just want to say a quick hello and thanks to all the informative posts I read on this site! Been lurking for a few weeks and finally pilled the trigger on a 2014 Overland Black ext/black Int, 5.7, Advance tech Grp. First american vehicle I've onwend in over 13 years. Had Bmw's, Mercedes, and Audis. Fit, finish and options on this truck is above what I've ever had. Already ordered K&N CAI. Looking at exhaust options and performance chips...doesnt look like too many available for 2014 models except SRT's? Any suggestions?

Also...want to change grill to the chrome Summit inserts. Is this an easy install or something I should leave to the dealer? Thanks again and looking foward to spending time here!

MAC

gharwyn 09-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac5217 (Post 893871)
Just want to say a quick hello and thanks to all the informative posts I read on this site! Been lurking for a few weeks and finally pilled the trigger on a 2014 Overland Black ext/black Int, 5.7, Advance tech Grp. First american vehicle I've onwend in over 13 years. Had Bmw's, Mercedes, and Audis. Fit, finish and options on this truck is above what I've ever had. Already ordered K&N CAI. Looking at exhaust options and performance chips...doesnt look like too many available for 2014 models except SRT's? Any suggestions?

Also...want to change grill to the chrome Summit inserts. Is this an easy install or something I should leave to the dealer? Thanks again and looking foward to spending time here!

MAC

Congrats. I too have the blk on blk overland, and its an amazing vehicle. I didn't opt for the tech pkg though, as I didn't see myself using the adaptive cruise or blind spot helper.. I am having dealer do the summit grill, as it is tricky, requiring bumper removal or small hands.. Many posts here on it. You may also want to get the flash update on the transmission, as mine was very lurchy at low gears and downshifts. Also highly recommend the weathertech front mats and cargo mat. They look great.

Baalic 09-15-2013 09:55 PM

another black on black overland here, advanced tech, ora2, cd player , 5.7 hemi. think most everything else was standard. enjoy it man, the more i drive mine the more i love it.

mac5217 09-16-2013 05:13 PM

Re: New overland user here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharwyn (Post 893982)
Congrats. I too have the blk on blk overland, and its an amazing vehicle. I didn't opt for the tech pkg though, as I didn't see myself using the adaptive cruise or blind spot helper.. I am having dealer do the summit grill, as it is tricky, requiring bumper removal or small hands.. Many posts here on it. You may also want to get the flash update on the transmission, as mine was very lurchy at low gears and downshifts. Also highly recommend the weathertech front mats and cargo mat. They look great.

Yea ordered the weathertech mats as well, dealer sans 250 to install chrome grill. Prob get it done next week. I was alittle apprehensive getting black again, had a black BMW years ago...looks great when just cleaned but a PITA to keep it that way!

MAC