Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Squeak / creak noise from rear passenger area, 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/squeak-creak-noise-from-rear-passenger-area-2014-a-65538.html)

mceb 09-16-2013 01:05 PM

Squeak / creak noise from rear passenger area, 2014

Is anyone with a '14 getting a loud squeaking noise from rear passenger area? Most apparent in morning when it's cold out and when body flexes like turning in or out of a driveway or even over bumps.

I think it's pano roof related. Had dealer check it and they took easy way out with cant reproduce it. Also said there aren't any pano roof adjustments which I think is BS since some older WK2s had issue which I think required adjustments I thought. Assume pano roof is same for 2014? Dealers must hate working on noises but this one is pretty bad so I gotta push the issue.

If I try to diagnose it myself what do I look for? Just have wife drive jeep with me in back and push on roof frame looking to see if I can narrow it down ?

losbot 09-17-2013 10:44 PM

Re: Squeak / creak noise from rear passenger area, 2014

I'm hearing the same thing when the vehicle flexes or in some instances, I accelerate. I hear it coming from the rear passenger side and it's beginning to annoy me. :mad:

losbot 09-26-2013 11:11 AM

Anyone else hear a creaking sound coming from their '14 JGC passenger side? Usually when the body flexes, like when turning into a parking lot and there's a slight upward angle or sometimes I'll here it when I accelerate from a dead stop.

I'd like to know if anyone had it addressed at the dealer and if so, what they adjusted or tightened. It's becoming a bit annoying now. :(

mceb 09-29-2013 01:47 PM

Round 1 with my dealer went poorly (can't reproduce it, come back some morning any drive around with a tech). I figure I have to isolate it myself but haven't had time yet on sat morning to drive around in back seat pressing on different parts of pano frame. I know if I open the pano those squeak level drops by about 90%.

Normally I'm ok with a few noises but this on is pretty bad so it's annoying.

booboo 10-03-2013 11:20 PM

Yes have had same issue since new July 2013. Very annoying and has affected what should be an enjoyable first few months with new vehicle - coupled with dead Uconnect system for 6 weeks waiting for fix. Dealer had car 3 days and think have solved it ..... at least they have acknowledged the issue and as far as i can tell doing their best. No idea where CJD australia sit with this and have heard nothing from them other than flowery letter from CEO expounding the wonderful quality and technology of this car ...... just great to read this whilst listenting to the creaking and looking at blank Uconnect screen.

vedled 10-04-2013 01:02 PM

I've got this same thing going on and I don't have a pano...just a single sunroof. Sounds to me like it's coming from the seats and not the roof. I feel like the leather in the seat divisions rubs together and causes the squeak. Planning on rubbing some leather conditioner in there between the seat divisions. There was another post on here by someone who resolved their squeak by lathering the passenger seat and center console lid with leather conditioner.

NEWJEEP14 10-04-2013 01:11 PM

I had a squeak coming from somewhere on the passenger side. Turned out to be a missing bolt on the pcm bracket in the engine compartment. It is fixed now. Sure did sound lime sunroof or seats though.

greenone91 10-12-2013 01:15 PM

Sounds like it's becoming a common problem. I've got a 2014 Summit and definitely have severe creaking coming from the rear passenger side. I was able to replicate it once by pulling on the rear passenger grab handle, but that doesn't work anymore. I haven't gone in yet, but am not hopeful about dealers and noises. Cranking up the stereo has been the fix so far.

ernestd 10-12-2013 01:53 PM

This creak has been on all WK2Jeeps.
My 2011 overland had the creak while backing out of my driveway,my dealer couldn't figure it out too.Replaced both leaking rear shocks and that made it a little better but not 100% perfect.I ended up lubricating the complete rear suspension including the upper shock mounts and that made it all quiet.
I have also had the pano roof creak and solved it by lubricating all of the moldings with Dupont Krytox,expensive but worked for my issues.

2014 summit 10-12-2013 03:00 PM

Gosh, thank goddness I don't have any of those issues yet. I'm thankful for this thread because if I do its going to be the first thing I do is lube everything.

We've had some other issues which are being handled. To bad Chrysler can't put a little more time into quality control because the 2014 GC Summit is an awesum vehicle.

greenone91 10-13-2013 10:06 AM

The noise definitely comes from the pano roof itself. You can replicate it for the dealer by standing on the door sill on the rear passenger side and using one hand to push up on the back corner of the sunroof and pushing down on the outside with the other hand. Wiggling the sunroof replicates the squeak so the dealer can attempt to fix.

I tried to use silicone lubricant around the area, but didn't help at all. Looks like the thing is going to need to be taken out. I can't figure out to get grease or anything more substantial in there.

jreworld 10-16-2013 04:04 PM

I'm hearing the same creaking from the pano and it seems louder when I have either the glass or shade retracted.

I had a 2k11 Wk2 prior to this and the dealer had to replace the headliner for a rattling noise. Noise was more severe, but maybe that's were the problem with this Jeep is going.