Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   2014 Cherokee Lease (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/2014-cherokee-lease-65554.html)

UglyJeep 09-16-2013 07:14 PM

2014 Cherokee Lease

Anyone seen the lease numbers yet? My local dealer doesn't have the numbers, but that seems strange because there are already vehicles on the road (so Chrysler Financial should have published the numbers). Right?

I'm looking for the residual and money factor on a trailhawk.

Thanks!

Goldengriff 09-17-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJeep (Post 894600)
Anyone seen the lease numbers yet? My local dealer doesn't have the numbers, but that seems strange because there are already vehicles on the road (so Chrysler Financial should have published the numbers). Right?

I'm looking for the residual and money factor on a trailhawk.

Thanks!

Sure would be nice to know, not that I'm planning to lease..:)

providenceautos 09-17-2013 10:58 PM

Re: 2014 Cherokee Lease

We have them on the Chrysler sheet. I don't have it handy until I'm in the office tomorrow.

FStephenMasek 09-24-2013 08:40 PM

Why make the lenders wealthy and you poorer by leasing? It is far better to only buy what you can afford to purchase with cash. Nobody will regret being debt free.

UglyJeep 09-24-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FStephenMasek (Post 898935)
Why make the lenders wealthy and you poorer by leasing? It is far better to only buy what you can afford to purchase with cash. Nobody will regret being debt free.

The interest rate on the GC Limited I ended up ordering is 0.048%, which totals to $460 over 3 years. This is hardly getting the lenders rich, but it's moving cars for Chrysler. It's also not debt, it's a lease and a great financing tool because I have the option to exit (with a fee) at anytime. If I love the car, I'll take a short loan on it after the lease is up.

Given the extremely low cost of capital right now (1.9% at Penfed - basically the inflation rate), you'd be losing money not to finance the vehicle with a loan rather than paying cash. Put your cash into an appreciating asset like a home, etc.

FStephenMasek 09-25-2013 12:14 PM

What happens if something goes wrong? The "lever" in the leverage represented by that lease then pries in the other direction.

adthebadstud 10-03-2013 05:41 PM

My brother might be interested in leasing a Cherokee when they are available. I'd like to know the numbers as well if anyone finds out.

With the way the interest rates are on leases right now, you'd be a fool not to look into it. I've leased 3 cars and come out ahead in each one. Spent way less than I would have financing. Also, my checking account earns more interest keeping the money in there than I'm paying in interest on a lease.

Not sure what FStephenMasek means by something going wrong. Leasing is great if you know what you are doing. The days of cash buying are long gone IMO.