Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Rattle noise (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/rattle-noise-65595.html)

BlackN'Blue 09-17-2013 06:45 PM

Rattle noise

Anyone else have this issue with their Boston sound system....When i have my music at a normal level or kinda loud level i hear a rattle noise. Im not sure if it is something in the jeep that is lose, like the door panel or something. Or maybe it is the speaker itself.

brentwoodkris 09-25-2013 10:42 AM

Re: Rattle noise

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 895220)
Anyone else have this issue with their Boston sound system....When i have my music at a normal level or kinda loud level i hear a rattle noise. Im not sure if it is something in the jeep that is lose, like the door panel or something. Or maybe it is the speaker itself.

Either you actually DO have a loose part, or you've busted the paper cones that are in the stock BA system. I switched out my speakers to higher line sets with silk cones as a preventative maintenance. There's no really effective way to repair cones which have separated from the surround, but some people have had temporary success with silicone sealant.

I would pull the panel and look at your speaker. You'll easily be able to tell if the cone has separated from the surround (will look like a tear/crack). Happens when you listen to loud music.

BlackN'Blue 10-01-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 899215)
Either you actually DO have a loose part, or you've busted the paper cones that are in the stock BA system. I switched out my speakers to higher line sets with silk cones as a preventative maintenance. There's no really effective way to repair cones which have separated from the surround, but some people have had temporary success with silicone sealant.

I would pull the panel and look at your speaker. You'll easily be able to tell if the cone has separated from the surround (will look like a tear/crack). Happens when you listen to loud music.

Alright thanks, appreciate it

dpaps 05-22-2014 08:39 AM

I think I have the same issue in my my14 srt HK system. Both front speakers in the bottom door are making rattling sounds at lowish volume. It's not nice when you've paid the extra $$ for the premium set up. I'll call the dealer tomorrow :(

Instagram - kdpaps
Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

BlackN'Blue 05-22-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpaps (Post 1026253)
I think I have the same issue in my my14 srt HK system. Both front speakers in the bottom door are making rattling sounds at lowish volume. It's not nice when you've paid the extra $$ for the premium set up. I'll call the dealer tomorrow :(

Instagram - kdpaps
Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

That's not good, especially since yours is new! Goodluck, hope you straighten it all out :thumbsup:

BlackN'Blue 05-22-2014 11:57 PM

Btw i figured out what was making the noise..... of all things, it was the side molding on the outside of the door :confused:. The passenger door molding was loose, so all i did was put a little double sided tape behind the end of the molding and WALA, no more rattle.