Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just had RRT 13-66 Transmission update done (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-had-rrt-13-66-transmission-update-done-65633.html)

Bborzell 09-18-2013 12:27 PM

Just had RRT 13-66 Transmission update done

Dramatic improvement.

My 2014 Overland was built in mid July. It performed well in normal and sport modes, although sport sometimes seemed a bit twearky on coastdowns and downshifts. Eco was where the transmission acted like it was in a different time zone. Soft acceleration lags were pronounced enough to make right turns at stop lights to merge with traffic from the left iffy. At times, I had made a turn fully expecting the car to move in a manner consistent with the amount of accelerator push and very little would happen. Similar starts in normal mode resulted in responsive acceleration.

First thing I noted when leaving the dealership was dramatic improvement in low speed shifting as well as NO LAG AT ALL! I took the windy way home and kept it in Eco mode and it performed flawlessly. Every time I tried that prior to the update, I would envariably turn off Eco. No appaent need to do that now. If the measure of a well designed and implemented transmission is the ability to completely forget about it, the this update did the trick.

I will continue to monitor the transmission performance.

Oh, the advisor thought that the adaptives would be erased with this update, but the Service Bulletin advises against that as the intended performance enhancement might not take full effect until the adptives are relearned. I am not clear on whether the adaptives were cleared. Only reference on work order mentions clearing "DTC"s.

jacko15 09-18-2013 03:19 PM

Re: Just had RRT 13-66 Transmission update done

I wonder how the update will effect mpg in eco mode, not that it's all that important, but just wondering.

jeep5.7 09-18-2013 07:46 PM

I had the update done about a month ago,not sure if its this one or if theres more but its been about 800 miles or so and update seems so-so downshifts are a bit rough but they were after the update,low throttle acceleration is still much better but not perfect

btw I drive 18 miles to work round trip in economy about 100% of the time and my mpg is about 19.5 20 with a light foot,i took a highway trip about 400 miles or so and got around 26 mpg,im happy with economy so far,i use 2 tanks a month versus 4 a month with my 08hemi gc

Bborzell 09-18-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep5.7 (Post 895916)
I had the update done about a month ago,not sure if its this one or if theres more but its been about 800 miles or so and update seems so-so downshifts are a bit rough but they were after the update,low throttle acceleration is still much better but not perfect

btw I drive 18 miles to work round trip in economy about 100% of the time and my mpg is about 19.5 20 with a light foot,i took a highway trip about 400 miles or so and got around 26 mpg,im happy with economy so far,i use 2 tanks a month versus 4 a month with my 08hemi gc

My guess is that this is a newer update as it is dated 9/11/2013. In addition to the RRT designation (13-066), it is also referred to as SB 21-007-13 REV.A.

SB 21-007 was dated 8/03/2013 and has been replaced by this REV.A.

vang0017 02-01-2014 12:48 AM

Can you help me out? I got the RRT 13-066 and RRT 13-071 done but nothing change. Can you let me know what your software version said after the upgrade? Mine currently said is 13.31.6.

jacko15 02-01-2014 11:56 AM

The two are not related. One is transmission, the other is Uconnect. The latest Uconnect is 13.48.3. There is a dedicated thread pertaining to that.