Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   Anyone with Kooks headers installed? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/anyone-with-kooks-headers-installed-65643.html)

14StormTrooper 09-18-2013 04:38 PM

Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
For those of you who had the kooks headers installed-

How long did the install take?

Are there any details you wish you knew before install that we should know about before our installs?

Do they hang down a lot lower than the factory ones?

Do you have to have a tune if you go cat less?

forza 09-18-2013 06:07 PM

Re: Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
I just saw a new video the other day on a red WK2 with borla's. Think I can find it now. NOPE!!! :slapfight:

Scottina06 09-18-2013 06:30 PM

Re: Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
its on here from black ops.....but the red 14' has the green cats. You cant go catless yet on the 14's Tom as theres no tuning.

14StormTrooper 09-18-2013 06:47 PM

That's what I was just told lol. I guess I go with cats then.

Scottina06 09-18-2013 06:56 PM

Re: Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
the green cats have all the oem plugs for sensors etc.

DCAutoGeek 11-08-2013 07:52 PM

Re: Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 895888)
the green cats have all the oem plugs for sensors etc.

Any word on tuning for the 14's?

Doing anything performance related without tuning is just an exercise in sound.

Scottina06 11-08-2013 10:50 PM

No word yet.

Ive had some great results with my mods...bwoody cai.....Jet 180 t stat.....87mm fastman tb and borla atak. Best 0-60 is 3.7 seconds.

Artofnoize 11-11-2013 03:57 PM

Kooks headers and green cats took my guy about 6 hours. Professional shops might be faster but I trust my installer. You should expect to throw a CEL. Because of the high flow cats, you will get a slow response from the o2 sensors. From what I understand it's no big deal from what I have read. Performance didn't suffer and no knocking. If anything it's smells a little rich now. There are a few work arounds I have read about but haven't tried them yet. A full kooks system sounds amazing. I get compliments all the time.

14StormTrooper 11-11-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artofnoize (Post 928424)
Kooks headers and green cats took my guy about 6 hours. Professional shops might be faster but I trust my installer. You should expect to throw a CEL. Because of the high flow cats, you will get a slow response from the o2 sensors. From what I understand it's no big deal from what I have read. Performance didn't suffer and no knocking. If anything it's smells a little rich now. There are a few work arounds I have read about but haven't tried them yet. A full kooks system sounds amazing. I get compliments all the time.


I am planning on doing kooks headers in about a month once my gt haus has been delivered. I bet your set up sounds good.

Artofnoize 11-11-2013 09:11 PM

Sounds clips do not do it any justice.

august77 11-17-2013 09:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Kooks cat-back installed on one of the Redline SRT

Attachment 32077



Attachment 32078



Attachment 32079



Attachment 32080



Attachment 32081

xJoshxx 11-17-2013 09:40 PM

Re: Anyone with Kooks headers installed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by august77 (Post 931841)
Kooks cat-back installed on one of the Redline SRT

Attachment 32077



Attachment 32078



Attachment 32079



Attachment 32080



Attachment 32081


Why is the drive shaft out?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community