Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   iOS 7 730n RHR incompatibility (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/ios-7-730n-rhr-incompatibility-65669.html)

noahchanin 09-19-2013 06:42 AM

iOS 7 730n RHR incompatibility

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 7.0 last night and discovered that I can no longer stream audio to my 730n RHR in my 2012 Overland. The software version on my unit is 2.136. Phone still pairs and voice calls seemed to work fine. Interestingly, I was able to stream audio from other apps so issue seems to be between the apple music app and the RHR. Anyone else have this issue?

Xjrguy 09-20-2013 04:56 PM

Re: iOS 7 730n RHR incompatibility

Upgrade your 730 RHR to version 2.184 which just came out.

Re-pair your phone (delete the previous partnership first) with the radio and that should fix it.

All the details about the 2.184 upgrade and how to get it (along with the Gracenotes database update) are on this board in the interior/audio section.

MDBJGC 09-25-2013 12:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee with the 730n RHR. I have always had issues with IOS...especially with music streaming. The phone has always worked fine...even after upgrading my iPhone 4s to IOS 7.

Last weekend I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 5s and installed the latest updates for IOS. I also installed the 2.184 update to the 730n RHR. The phone works OK...and the music streams fine.

However, the unit almost never displays the song information. And when it does, it will only display for approx 30 seconds before switching back to Unknown Artist, Bluetooth 1, etc. See the screenshots below...sorry...should have adjusted the orientation on one of the pics.

Does anybody else have this problem? I don't know if this is a problem with Uconnect or IOS. I tend to think it's IOS related since it has definitely gotten worse since the IOS upgrade. Do any of you have a similar problem with Android?

MDBJGC 10-12-2013 03:43 PM

I've tried all of those things and Uconnect 2.184 is still hit or miss streaming music with the iPhone 5s and IOS 7. The music streams fine...but the song info (artist, title, etc) might work and it might not. There's also a long delay in connecting via bluetooth when I first start the vehicle.

johhn14 10-13-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDBJGC (Post 899267)
I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee with the 730n RHR. I have always had issues with IOS...especially with music streaming. The phone has always worked fine...even after upgrading my iPhone 4s to IOS 7.

Last weekend I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 5s and installed the latest updates for IOS. I also installed the 2.184 update to the 730n RHR. The phone works OK...and the music streams fine.

However, the unit almost never displays the song information. And when it does, it will only display for approx 30 seconds before switching back to Unknown Artist, Bluetooth 1, etc. See the screenshots below...sorry...should have adjusted the orientation on one of the pics.

Does anybody else have this problem? I don't know if this is a problem with Uconnect or IOS. I tend to think it's IOS related since it has definitely gotten worse since the IOS upgrade. Do any of you have a similar problem with Android?

Same issue with my iPhone 5 ios 7 and 2.184. Also the opine used to ring through the stereo but now it's just the phone itself that rings.

If I have it plugged in to charge in the center USB slot, all notifications are silent. The phone does not alert at all.

BuckeyeSRT 10-14-2013 08:39 AM

Initially I thought the iOS7 upgrade for my 4S was awesome but, "Not so fast" (lee Corso voice). Siri used to be great for texts. If I wanted to send one or reply to one. Now it just either cuts off and I have to take my eyes off the road to find the Siri button to start over or reply to a Siri request. I would guess this is an iOS issue and not Uconnect.