Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/)
-   -   Brake Options 2013 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/brake-options-2013-a-65684.html)

BigCity 09-19-2013 05:35 PM

Brake Options 2013
 
So what are the brake options for the 2013, had this thing less than a week and the front brake dust is already heavily covering the front rims and driving me crazy. Time to get some ceramics pronto.

Scottina06 09-19-2013 05:51 PM

Check out my brake threads. Fyi- 2012-14s all brakes are ssme in the SRT.

BigCity 09-19-2013 06:37 PM

Re: Brake Options 2013
 
So I think I found the thread and you went with these options:
front pads- Hawk HPS-HB649F.605
rear pads-Stoptech-309.10530

So have you still be liking this setup and low dusting?

Man is there an adversion to sticky's here our what, lots of good information I've found but after LOTS of digging to get to it lol.

BigCity 09-19-2013 06:41 PM

Re: Brake Options 2013
 
Well I guess you have some inside knowledge of the Hawk's doesn't look like their website even cross references them to the Jeep line?

Scottina06 09-19-2013 07:07 PM

Re: Brake Options 2013
 
yep...Ive used that setup on my 13' and 14' SRT. Almost 0 dust and 0 noise

mzimand 09-29-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 896457)
yep...Ive used that setup on my 13' and 14' SRT. Almost 0 dust and 0 noise

Scott,
Is there a reason you did not use the hawks for the back?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

mzimand 09-29-2013 12:20 PM

Re: Brake Options 2013
 
I am ordering new brake pads but cannot decide if I should go with the setup Scott has (Hawk HPS Front and Stoptech back). Or go with the Hawk HPS for both front and back?

It seems that everyone goes with the HPS instead of the Performance Ceramic, is there a reason?

Scottina06 09-29-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 901313)

Scott,
Is there a reason you did not use the hawks for the back?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes....ive had good luck with those exact stoptechs on 3 vehicles now.

Scottina06 09-29-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 901372)
I am ordering new brake pads but cannot decide if I should go with the setup Scott has (Hawk HPS Front and Stoptech back). Or go with the Hawk HPS for both front and back?

It seems that everyone goes with the HPS instead of the Performance Ceramic, is there a reason?

I never cared for ceramics due to a bad experience on the gen1 srt brembos. This is the third time I've used this setup to my liking. Close to stock braking power......0 noise and almost 0 dust.

mzimand 09-29-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 901387)
I never cared for ceramics due to a bad experience on the gen1 srt brembos. This is the third time I've used this setup to my liking. Close to stock braking power......0 noise and almost 0 dust.

That's good enough for me. I am going with your set-up. Found them both on Amazon. Now I have to decide if I want to do the rotors too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

mlarco52 09-29-2013 08:48 PM

Re: Brake Options 2013
 
I use those hawks on my fronts on my 2012 with the factory rotors (new set) very little dust and great stopping power.

mzimand 09-30-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 901547)
I use those hawks on my fronts on my 2012 with the factory rotors (new set) very little dust and great stopping power.

Did you go with the HPS or Performance. Ceramic? What did you use for rear?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community