Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   UConnect issues with SD card and Audio from Bluetooth (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/uconnect-issues-with-sd-card-and-audio-from-bluetooth-65686.html)

Niva 09-19-2013 05:59 PM

UConnect issues with SD card and Audio from Bluetooth

Hey guys,

I own a brand new 2014 SRT GC.

As of yesterday I can no longer access my SD card, I think the system did an update as I lost most of my saved radio stations (but not all). Previously the card had worked fine. I just checked my card at the PC and it's working fine, all the files are there, no corruption from what I could tell. I had it locked too while it was in the Jeep.

Similarly the system stopped straming audio through BT which had worked fine previously. It still says my phone is connected, and my phone thinks it connected as it doesn't play through its speakers, but no audio coming out through the jeep's speakers.

When selecting the BT or SD card icons I just get "Connect Media" text in the main display.

Any advice would be appreciated, this litereally started happening yesterday and I can't seem to figure out what exactly caused it.

Everything else on the system is fine, maps, radio work great, no sluggishness. Like I said I did lose some previously saved radio stations but not all. It appears like there was a software update overnight. Is this normal? Anyone else affected?

Dguth 09-21-2013 12:43 PM

This happened repeatedly to me on my 2014. Uconnect works fine except nothing works on the media button. Even when I hard connected my phone to the USB port, it still would not recognize any media input. Couple ways to fix. You can reset the uconnect by pushing in simultaneously on the two big knob buttons. Hold for about 5 seconds and it will reset. Media should then work and recognize your SD card. If problem continues just pull out the SD card entirely. I had to do that with mine. I don't leave my SD card in anymore as it was locking up every time I got in the car. With SD card out it recognizes the Bluetooth streaming on my phone, no problem. I think the system gets real finicky with certain high volume SD cards.

Niva 09-22-2013 07:22 PM

Re: UConnect issues with SD card and Audio from Bluetooth

Thank you for the response sir,

I have some updates. I did discover that at some points, randomly, the card would work again and so would bluetooth. It is as you describe, all of the "media" connections get broken when this is an issue.

The SD card I am using is a 32GB Kingston. Is this too big? Can others report similar issues and what is a safe size/brand card to use which doesn't cause these sort of issues.

Yeah I've generally left the card disconnected now and at least bluetooth seems to work better.

radbushi 09-30-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niva (Post 897810)
Thank you for the response sir,

I have some updates. I did discover that at some points, randomly, the card would work again and so would bluetooth. It is as you describe, all of the "media" connections get broken when this is an issue.

The SD card I am using is a 32GB Kingston. Is this too big? Can others report similar issues and what is a safe size/brand card to use which doesn't cause these sort of issues.

Yeah I've generally left the card disconnected now and at least bluetooth seems to work better.

My wifes '12 300srt8 does fine with 32gig cards but won't read a 64gig.

adamputts 12-17-2013 06:54 AM

64gb is a later tech. Anything 2gb & below is SD, 4gb & above is SDHC & 64gb & above is SDXC hence why it's not working. It's a different format about 32gb.

Schleprock 12-17-2013 07:10 PM

Anyone have an exact SD Card they know works? I need to buy one.

adamputts 12-17-2013 07:33 PM

Any card should work 32gb & below. Nothing should work above.

SNUKE 12-17-2013 07:40 PM

I successfully use this Sony 64GB SDXC card in my MY14 GC.

http://images.cameta.com/description...s10_uhs_01.jpg

I noticed the little user card that is attached to the shifter when you buy the car says it must be 16GB or under, but this is not the case.

Make sure the card is formatted to FAT32 and you should not have any problems.
My card currently has more than 40GB of music and podcasts on it.

bspllc 12-17-2013 08:20 PM

I'm using a 64 gig card also. I have it formatted ntfs. I did have a problem after switching cards. It didn't read all of the songs after putting it back in. I checked on the computer and all the songs were there. I reformatted and then it worked fine again.

Schleprock 12-18-2013 08:24 AM

Thanks guys.

morrow3615 12-19-2013 02:24 PM

I've had my 2014 GC for 6 months and the SD card has worked fine until this week. It has started the same things that you have described. I can reboot to make it start again but the next time I stop and start the vehicle, the unit will not read my card. I'm using an 8GB card and thought maybe the card was going bad. Doesn't sound like it.

talltale 01-06-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dguth (Post 897314)
This happened repeatedly to me on my 2014. Uconnect works fine except nothing works on the media button. Even when I hard connected my phone to the USB port, it still would not recognize any media input. Couple ways to fix. You can reset the uconnect by pushing in simultaneously on the two big knob buttons. Hold for about 5 seconds and it will reset. Media should then work and recognize your SD card. If problem continues just pull out the SD card entirely. I had to do that with mine. I don't leave my SD card in anymore as it was locking up every time I got in the car. With SD card out it recognizes the Bluetooth streaming on my phone, no problem. I think the system gets real finicky with certain high volume SD cards.

This has started happening to me. The system worked fine for over 50 hours of use and then started randomly malfunctioning on a long road trip. I'm using a properly formatted 16GB SD card. I also have the latest software installed. It's a little irritating to say the least.