Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Items missed by quality control (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/items-missed-by-quality-control-65700.html)

vertrkr 09-19-2013 11:21 PM

Items missed by quality control
 
3 Attachment(s)
I know QC can't catch everything and line workers are over worked and under paid so I spend a few hours checking every nut, fastener, and cable tie down I can reach in the engine bay, under the car and interior. I found 4 so far, hopefully the pics describe them well, be sure to double click a few times to get the full resolution.

The first pic, there are steel spring clip under my finger that were not fastened at all. just push down hard to seat them in.

Second pic, found two paint bubbles, the first is a major one down to the steel.

Third pic, fastener not pushed in fully for the cable tie down on the power steering unit.

Fourth, Didn't get a good pic of the 4th item but it's under the second row seats for the plastic shroud around the seat stays that connect the seat to the floor. It's two pieces that were not snapped together.

Scottina06 09-19-2013 11:37 PM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
wow....picky! LOL

those paint bubbles---my 11 Durango had those about in the same spot! But neither of my 13 or 14 SRT's have them! Weird

bill_de 09-20-2013 04:29 AM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Wow, with that close an inspection and only 4 imperfections, I'd say the guys at JNAP did a great job. I don't think NASA ever built a 'space ship' with so few glitches and they had one hell of a budget per unit.

Enjoy your new ride.


---

fireman 09-20-2013 07:41 AM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Thanks for the insight. Mine is being built as I type this and I'll try to do a similar check after it arrives.

vertrkr 09-20-2013 08:39 AM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 896637)
Wow, with that close an inspection and only 4 imperfections, I'd say the guys at JNAP did a great job. I don't think NASA ever built a 'space ship' with so few glitches and they had one hell of a budget per unit.

Agreed. My intention was an informational post for others, not trying to be critical. Although the size the large paint bubble is disappointing and it's going to need work else rust is going to get in there. I'll probably sand and re-paint it myself.

Scottina06 09-20-2013 08:54 AM

Yeah...I agree. My durango paint bubbles inside the hood were a lot bigger!

Laureljoke 09-24-2013 01:41 PM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 896699)
Agreed. My intention was an informational post for others, not trying to be critical. Although the size the large paint bubble is disappointing and it's going to need work else rust is going to get in there. I'll probably sand and re-paint it myself.

I appreciate your thoroughness, and you've given all who get theirs after you some additional items to check for. Thx.

vertrkr 09-25-2013 12:26 PM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
1 Attachment(s)
Found another one. The joint tape at the top of the tailgate with it open has a gap that didn't seal down. Sure seems like water would collect in there and possibly drain where I don't want water to be. I think the best solution is contact cement and seal it back down.

davewg 09-25-2013 12:30 PM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 899253)
Found another one. The joint tape at the top of the tailgate with it open has a gap that didn't seal down. Sure seems like water would collect in there and possibly drain where I don't want water to be. I think the best solution is filling the gap with clear silicone.

Ick :(

Laureljoke 09-25-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 899253)
Found another one. The joint tape at the top of the tailgate with it open has a gap that didn't seal down. Sure seems like water would collect in there and possibly drain where I don't want water to be. I think the best solution is contact cement and seal it back down.

I sure appreciate how thorough you are. Just came back from my garage and i see a similar but much smaller spot.

vertrkr 09-25-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 899282)
I sure appreciate how thorough you are. Just came back from my garage and i see a similar but much smaller spot.

Clear silicone should also work fine but it's more of a gap sealer than an adhesive.

vertrkr 09-26-2013 12:12 AM

Re: Items missed by quality control
 
Found a software bug. If you hit the physical button for Recirculate the A/C will light up and turn on too. If you hit the soft key on the touch screen for Recirculate the A/C does not turn on. My uConnect version is 13.33.7.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community