Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   2013 Alpine and Vapor editions - Worldwide Production Totals (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/2013-alpine-and-vapor-editions-worldwide-production-totals-65745.html)

Milous 09-21-2013 04:04 AM

2013 Alpine and Vapor editions - Worldwide Production Totals

This thread is for discussing the 2013 Grand Cherokee SRT Alpine and Vapor special edition models.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/srt8/2013_wk...Alpine_01s.jpg

Ordering opened August 6, 2012 for the Alpine edition and September 13, 2012 for the Vapor edition. Alpine edition production started August 21, 2012. Vapor edition started production October 1, 2012.

A total of 993 Alpine editions were built for 29 countries, and 745 Vapor editions for 17 countries, for a grand total of 1,738. This represented more than 40% of the 4,057 Jeep SRT's built for the 2013 model year.

In Europe, the Alpine edition was called the "White edition". In China, the Vapor edition was named "Hyun Black Edition".

For more information on these two special models, see: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2013 SRT8 Alpine and Vapor editions

Vapor edition:

Body Color - Brilliant Black
Hood badge - gloss black
Grill inserts - gloss black
Grill surround - Brilliant Black
20" Spider Monkey wheels - Black Vapor Chrome
Center cap, wheel - chrome
Door Badge - gloss black
Light bar - Brilliant Black
Rear Step Pad - gloss black
SRT8 badge - black flag

Alpine edition:

Body Color - Bright White
Hood badge - gloss black
Grill inserts - gloss black
Grill surround - gloss black
20" Spider Monkey wheels - Black Vapor Chrome
Center cap, wheel - chrome
Door Badge - gloss black
Light bar - gloss black
Rear Step Pad - gloss vlack
SRT8 badge - black flag

Here is a chart showing the worldwide production total for the Alpine and Vapor editions,
information revealed for the first time anywhere, right here on JeepGarage...

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/misc/Alpine_...uction_001.jpg

Carbon6 09-21-2013 04:20 AM

Re: 2013 Alpine and Vapor editions - Worldwide Production Totals

Awesome info, now I feel all special!

Scottina06 09-21-2013 10:05 AM

wow...that's incredible info Milous!

Scottina06 09-21-2013 10:07 AM

hmmm...29 alpines and 6 vapors to IRAQ!!! Id like to see one of those babies on an Iraqi road!

TRA1LHAWK 09-21-2013 07:44 PM

Thanks very much Milous for the very informative information. How many special Edition 2014's will there be? :D

Milous 09-22-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 897261)
hmmm...29 alpines and 6 vapors to IRAQ!!! Id like to see one of those babies on an Iraqi road!

I was quite surprised when I first learned that those models were headed to Iraq. My first thought was, where do they get parts and service? And then I found the answer:

"Veritas Automotive & Machinery, LLC connects manufacturers of automobiles, construction and agricultural equipment, and other heavy machinery to markets within the Republic of Iraq. We provide sales, finance, service and parts support throughout the country."

"Our deep relationships within the Iraqi government make us an excellent source of fleet sales and we have the distribution expertise to support the retail side of the business. We have proven sources of credit to manage necessary sales throughput. In addition, our expertise managing the inbound logistics and customs through various ports of entry into Iraq, including Umm Qasr, via the free trade zone in Kuwait City, or the free trade zone in Aqaba, Jordan, speeds the delivery of new orders to our mutual customers."

"What separates us from other exporters and distributors is our ability to provide highly capable service and parts support. Iraq is flush with vehicles and equipment that no longer function due to inadequate service and parts support. We understand that for a manufacturer to flourish in Iraq, its brand must be synonymous with world class service. We provide thorough, responsive service support through our network of facilities. We are skilled at maintenance and repair work, parts management, and warranty administration."

"We are the exclusive distributor for Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge vehicles in the Republic of Iraq. We support new vehicle sales, parts, and service throughout the country, including Baghdad, Basra, Erbil, Mosul, and Najaf."

Scottina06 09-22-2013 10:02 AM

these are gonna be pretty rare trucks in the future.....well they are now

Carbon6 09-22-2013 11:55 AM

I love how Canada got ONE of each and thats it...

Scottina06 09-22-2013 02:56 PM

These were suppose to be US only and limited to 400 each if I remember correctly. But yeah...2 people in canada ordered? Wow......

Milous 09-22-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 897702)
But yeah...2 people in canada ordered? Wow......

Both are in Ontario. The Alpine was originally a Chrysler company vehicle, and later sold at retail to a customer. The Vapor was sold new to a retail customer.

OMYHEMI 09-23-2013 12:21 PM

This is what I was wanting to know! :thumbsup: So few in the US! I love my Alpine Edition!
No wonder I don't see them around much.
My friend bought a white '14 thinking it would look like mine..........
Nope mine looks better.................:cool:

Milous, any chance you can drill down to get US #'s by State?:)

TheBlack1 10-07-2014 01:32 AM

I just saw a black one and I was not impressed with the it as a whole I think the reg. stanterd ones look better!

Plus I spoke to Diablo tunning and they said that they are still working on a tune for the 2015. Jeep says they got 5 more horses out of the motor I've been told it comes from the steering.!!!?????

Looks like I'm going to go with a 2014!

Well that's my 2cents!

I have photos will post later....