Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Check engine Light on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/check-engine-light-on-6576.html)

psycojeep 02-15-2010 09:38 AM

Check engine Light on

Ok guys I need your help my check engine light came on yesterday when I was shifting thru the gears. When it came on it actually stayed in 3rd gear till I got home and shut the jeep off then al was well.

Here is the code and what it is defined as... Now about what to do I am stumped... she is working fine

P0700...
This code indicates that the EATX (Transmission controller) has an active fault and has illuminated the MIL via a BUS message. The specific fault must be acquired from the EATX via a DRBIII tool. (Input or Output Speed Sensor failures often cause this code and are a common failure part on WJ Grand Cherokees).

If there is a problem with the output speed sensor where is it and how do I check it... Should I just clear the code and wait to see of it comes up again? How do I clear the code my self..

Thanks

StoneCold 02-15-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Check engine Light on

Found this on wjjeeps.com hope it helps,

Erasing codes:
After three good trips the MIL is extinguished and the Task Manager automatically switches the trip counter to a warm-up cycle counter. DTCs are automatically erased following 40 warm-up cycles if the component does not fail again. DTCs can be erased anytime with a DRB III. Erasing the DTC with the DRB III erases all OBD II information. The DRB III automatically displays a warning that erasing the DTC will also erase all OBD II monitor data. This includes all counter information for warm-up cycles, trips and Freeze Frame.

Aaron

DAVY27 02-15-2010 12:09 PM

only answer i have is to clear the codes, just disconnect the battery and reconnect after 5 mins. if there's a problem the code will most likely pop up again

LTrainGC 02-15-2010 12:16 PM

P0700 is a general fault code for the transmission - it needs to be hooked up to a code reader that can pull codes directly from the TCM (can be done at either your dealer, or any Autozone/Advance type of store), and then you can look up the underlying code that triggered the MIL to come on and go from there.

psycojeep 02-15-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks guys the code cleared after I used the key trick to check it and has not come back on since... Must of pisses a sensor off when I was running it up the freeway and then down shifted quickly to take the off ramp and turn the corner...

LTrainGC 02-15-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycojeep (Post 151203)
Thanks guys the code cleared after I used the key trick to check it and has not come back on since... Must of pisses a sensor off when I was running it up the freeway and then down shifted quickly to take the off ramp and turn the corner...

Good stuff. I agree probably just a fluke. I wouldn't worry about it.