Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   NAV display on Instrument Cluster (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/nav-display-on-instrument-cluster-65769.html)

diggs 09-21-2013 09:48 PM

NAV display on Instrument Cluster

Hi - Just picked up a new 2014 GC today, and pretty pumped about it. First time Jeep owner, and coming from a BMW 3. The dealer mentioned that when the NAV is on, the turn directions will display within the digital instrument cluster. However, when I was driving home from the dealer, with the NAV set to my house, no directions appeared in that cluster.

Does anyone know how to make these turn directions appear? Or was the dealer just talking...?

CHALLENGERBIZJET 09-21-2013 09:54 PM

Go into the menu on the steering wheel buttons also check to make sure the appropriate boxes are checked in the uconnect menu

bill_de 09-21-2013 10:36 PM

Re: NAV display on Instrument Cluster

Go to controls/settings/display and check turns in cluster on the touch screen. You may have to scroll to get to it.

Mine unchecks itself once in a while, although never while in use.

---

Kernalrom 09-22-2013 08:50 AM

Thats funny because I traded in my 2007 328i for a 14 GC also.

diggs 09-22-2013 05:52 PM

I had a 2011 but needed something bigger cuz of a new baby.

Is it just me or is the resolution on the uconnect screen pretty poor relative to all the gadgets our eyes are used too everyday. This is the most disappointing aspect of the system. Generally I like what it provides but must say I prefer the BMW iDrive system and screen split feature, not to mention the significantly better resolution. Though I'm sure I will learn to appreciate uconnect more over time.

GCLimited 09-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggs (Post 897771)

Is it just me or is the resolution on the uconnect screen pretty poor relative to all the gadgets our eyes are used too everyday. This is the most disappointing aspect of the system.

Time to get some new glasses.

;)

I have no issues with the resolution on my 2014 8.4A...but then again I don't wear glasses when I drive.

bill_de 09-23-2013 10:02 AM

I find it to be as sharp as my Acura was.

Do you wear reading glasses. It could be the the distance is shorter, getting close to the range that reading glasses come into play.

---

diggs 09-23-2013 10:23 AM

lol...nope don't wear glasses.

Anyone else coming from a 2010+ BMW with iDrive and feel the same re. screen resolution? Maybe its just me...

BobsWK2 09-23-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggs (Post 898078)
lol...nope don't wear glasses.

Anyone else coming from a 2010+ BMW with iDrive and feel the same re. screen resolution? Maybe its just me...

I had a 2010 BMW M3 with nav and I think the 8.4 has better clarity and detail.

StaticFX 09-23-2013 09:00 PM

you should have seen the 430n...