Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   which is one the best for gas stations ??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/which-is-one-the-best-for-gas-stations-65780.html)

Melgo2011 09-22-2013 09:38 AM

which is one the best for gas stations ???

hello everyone,

im new 2011 jeep grand Cherokee limited...just filling up the gas... I ask u everyone know which is one the best for gas stations??? only for east coast. :(:thumbsup:

Vanguard 09-22-2013 09:52 AM

Re: which is one the best for gas stations ???

All the M3 and S5 people go to Shell or BP

bill_de 09-22-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 897626)
All the M3 and S5 people go to Shell or BP

Wow! You know them all. That's :cool::cool::cool:

Jim_in_PA 09-22-2013 10:18 AM

Considering most of the gasoline in many station "brands" comes from the same supplies/refineries, there isn't going to be a whole heck of a lot of difference in the fuel between the stations you pass along the way. If the place looks like a dump, I'd stay away, but in general, trying to stick with a particular "brand" isn't going to buy you much, pardon the expression.

I buy from Costco, Shell, BP and Wawa as they have the best prices in the area I mostly buy gas from. (largely over the NJ line from here...today it was $3.29 at Wawa in Flemmington vs about $3.70 here in PA just over the river)

berk483 09-22-2013 11:46 AM

It's been proven on the internet many times...Shell and BP are the best!:slapfight:

jacko15 09-22-2013 01:17 PM

And I absolutely believe everything I read on the internet!! :rolleyes:

jacko15 09-22-2013 01:28 PM

The only thing I avoid is buying gas when a tanker is filling the underground tanks. Maybe it's an old wives tale, but since water is heavier than gas, I believe if there's any water, or other sludge on the bottom of the underground tank, it could be stirred up with the gas when the storage tank is being filled.
Almost all the stations in my area are supplied by the same refinery, and I've been told the ones that aren't get their gas delivered from one other refinery. So I doubt there is much difference. In over 40 years I've only had trouble with one tank of gas mucking up my fuel system, and it was from one of the supposed "premium" gas retailers, and that was 30 years ago. I pump where I can save money.

ChrisWk 09-22-2013 02:09 PM

Whoever has the best price gas is gas

nvfusa 09-22-2013 02:12 PM

For what it's worth

Top Tier Gasoline

seeingwhite 09-22-2013 03:44 PM

While it's true that the gasoline all comes from the same basic refineries, their detergent additives are different. Don't you guys think there is a difference there?

berk483 09-22-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 897676)
And I absolutely believe everything I read on the internet!! :rolleyes:

Was meant as a joke... Just like I'm a French model!

Jim_in_PA 09-22-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeingwhite (Post 897721)
While it's true that the gasoline all comes from the same basic refineries, their detergent additives are different. Don't you guys think there is a difference there?

I doubt it matters in any meaningful way..."they all" claim their formula is the best. I sometimes wonder if there is any difference in the actual additives... ;)