Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tuners/CMR/Dyno/Datalogging/Gauges (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f169/)
-   -   Cold Air (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f169/cold-air-65784.html)

YFD_322 09-22-2013 11:31 AM

Cold Air

Guys will this fit my 2014 SRT8 Jeep? Even though it says it I wanted to know if anyones has experience with this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Injen-Short-...22f85d&vxp=mtr

Scottina06 09-22-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Cold Air

yes...tchrist had it on his 14 SRT

lillyjas 10-05-2013 07:32 PM

I have this one on my '14. Started with a Hennessey ... Sucked. Ran way too hot. One note on the install, you have to cut or pop out a clip that hold a few wires up front near the headlight. Easy to do. 30 minutes tops for the install. The heat shield works well. Temps run 15 to 25 above ambient. My 0-60s went from ~4.4 to 4.6. Down to ~4.1 to 4.3. There are a few install threads let me know if you need pics or help

lillyjas 10-05-2013 07:35 PM

One last thing.. The front bolt (where you cut the clip) you have to put on was a b!tch. Have a good magnet driver. I dropped the nut and luckily found it. The shield does sit on the washer bottle... But with a small piece of the rubber seal it cushions it nicely and is fine. I can probably take a video or something if you want

Scottina06 10-05-2013 08:10 PM

Same time....money and effort and get the bwoody

jim383 10-06-2013 07:20 AM

We have 2 guys in our group with B WOODYS CAI that have had theres break and 1 put his stock airbox back on and were going to T&T this month with his same set up and see if the AFTERMARKET CAI really work on the wk2

Scottina06 10-06-2013 11:19 AM

it made a HUGE difference in IAT temps on my 14. With the Hennessey I was seeing my IAT temp double the ambient temp sometimes. With the bwoody Im seeing anywhere from 2-10 degrees difference iat to ambient. But yes...the bracket braking has happened from what I understand. Some have had to bend the bracket to make it fit and that compromises the bracket.

A.V.GCSRT8 10-06-2013 12:56 PM

I do agree Scott as IAT's are a little lower with the bwoody. We icedown the intake manifold between runs so it should be a good fair comparison. I did however click off a 4.9 0-60 in 76 degree weather and with the bwoody I was doing a 5.0 in 72 degrees so I'll say it's gonna be arguable as far as e.t.'s go. I am at 2400 ft above sea level and DA was about 4000ft when I did those runs. The bwoody was hitting the frame and causing the PCM to pick up false knock also after the bracket broke

jim383 10-07-2013 05:56 AM

IMO the main reason they want the IAT swithch as close to the t/b is to get the air temp reading just b4 it goes into the t/b. If the IAT switch is father away from the t/b sure it will give a lower air temp reading but by the time it reaches the t/b the air temp reading will increase and then the air going in will be hotter than the IAT reported. Dont make since to me BUT stranger thing have happened lol. When we go T&T we will find out the diff in ET & MPH. Lets hope the DA is down to at least 1000ft or lower at race time whitch is 5pm.

Black Ops Auto Works 10-07-2013 07:53 AM

The one the OP posted is Plastic or ABS?

A-kon 10-08-2013 08:16 AM

I can say that it took 2 weeks for my Jeep to see improved performance with the Bwoody. I think it took some time for the transmission to re-learn and/or computer to adjust. I won't necessarily say it's faster, but it is more consistent. Consistency was my goal. Slight weather changes I was all over the place. Now I am consistently running within a couple of tenths.

From what I have read the stock PCM will not let you benefit from the extra airflow of the Bwoody. However, you can and will benefit from the cooler air. When tuning becomes available you should in theory get real HP gains from the extra airflow.

Carbon6 10-08-2013 06:38 PM

I prefer the the Injen... its metal with a textured coating. The box does a good enough job with reducing the amount of heated air that the intake sucks while in motion. No its not as good as the Bwoody but future mods would prevent me from using that intake, I should be able to reuse the injen...