Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Interesting remote start experience (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/interesting-remote-start-experience-65814.html)

Bborzell 09-23-2013 02:04 AM

Interesting remote start experience

My wife and I decided to go for a Sunday drive to Sutter Creek in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Since we went from dry and pretty hot to very wet and considerably cooler in one day, I decided to remote start the Overland about 5-6 minutes before we were to go out to get into a warm car and head out.

When we got outside, the car was not running. When I got in to figure out what the issue was, there was a message in the display telling me that there was not enough fuel in the tank to allow remote start. The fuel light had not come on as I parked the car the night before so it must have been on the verge of coming on. Looks like the yellow low fuel light and remote start are not sympatico.

willjeep 09-23-2013 02:09 AM

Re: Interesting remote start experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 897954)
Looks like the yellow low fuel light and remote start are not sympatico.

That is true, there are some other conditions which will abort a remote start atempt. Off hand I do not recall what they are, would have to check the users guide.

bill_de 09-23-2013 07:51 AM

As long as it is fairly accurate it is a good precaution. Thanks for bring it to our attention.

---

Briant73 09-23-2013 09:00 AM

I found out if you accidentally hit the panic button on the keyfob you must manually enter/start the vehicle afterwards before it will allow remote start operation.

Specx 09-23-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briant73 (Post 898035)
I found out if you accidentally hit the panic button on the keyfob you must manually enter/start the vehicle afterwards before it will allow remote start operation.

Yep, I learned this the hard way on the hottest summer day. My daughter got my keys and hit the panic button as we left the car which I turned off immediately. Once we got out of the mall a couple hours later I pressed the remote start to start cooling the car, only to come to a super hot interior and message on the dash saying it was deactivated.

LSU_FAN 09-24-2013 08:19 AM

I never read up on the Jeep but I'm guessing it's the same as the Ram trucks. If you have 1/8 of a tank or less the remote start will be disabled.....The fuel light is not on at 1/8 tank in my truck.

Jeep Qatar 09-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 898522)
I never read up on the Jeep but I'm guessing it's the same as the Ram trucks. If you have 1/8 of a tank or less the remote start will be disabled.....The fuel light is not on at 1/8 tank in my truck.

That is definitely true. I don't get the fuel light at 1/8 but I do get a message on the screen "Low fuel", it is only after a while I will get the ornage light.

Once that message from the screen 'Low Fuel" is there and I want to remote start my car it won't turn on. So it is not based on when the fuel light comes on

Yeti 10-01-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briant73 (Post 898035)

Me too. What was really interesting is while driving home all my radio/Uconnect/climate control stuff was unresponsive for 5-10min afterward!