Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   step # 1(input/advice ) please and thank you. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/step-1-input-advice-please-and-thank-you-65842.html)

EnvictusThrax 09-23-2013 02:03 PM

step # 1(input/advice ) please and thank you.

I have a 2005 WK,3.7. I am doing some research on air intakes and a throttle body spacer.I am leaning towards the K&N air intake , paired up with the AirRaid throttle body spacer . Seems like a good combo for my step #1. Does anyone have any input or advice for me.

Strongjeff 09-23-2013 06:18 PM

Re: step # 1(input/advice ) please and thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnvictusThrax (Post 898213)
I have a 2005 WK,3.7. I am doing some research on air intakes and a throttle body spacer.I am leaning towards the K&N air intake , paired up with the AirRaid throttle body spacer . Seems like a good combo for my step #1. Does anyone have any input or advice for me.

first off, stay away from spacers as they do absolutely nothing on a port fuel injected engine. K&N are ok, but I feel the cost too much...

but if you really want to do the research then come by the 3.7 performance love thread, every thing you can think of within reason has been done. (if I can get the parts I may have the first turbo 3.7 in existence)

EnvictusThrax 09-24-2013 02:46 AM

Thank you strongjeff , I have heard many mixed reviews on the throttle body spacers . Some say,mild mid-ranged power ,others say they like the (cool) whistle sound it makes and some agree with you and say they do absolutely nothing when it comes to real power / performance increases .....I need true performance ,not cool whistle noises . Thanks for your input ,much appreciated ...Any other words of wisdom are more than welcome .Oh,and I am going to visit that page you recommended now....

Strongjeff 09-24-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnvictusThrax (Post 898464)
Thank you strongjeff , I have heard many mixed reviews on the throttle body spacers . Some say,mild mid-ranged power ,others say they like the (cool) whistle sound it makes and some agree with you and say they do absolutely nothing when it comes to real power / performance increases .....I need true performance ,not cool whistle noises . Thanks for your input ,much appreciated ...Any other words of wisdom are more than welcome .Oh,and I am going to visit that page you recommended now....

your best best is to get the engine to breathe better and get a tune for her, she'll reward you for it....

from a 80mph roll I will hang with and start walking on a 3.8 supercharged monte carlo ss

EnvictusThrax 09-24-2013 11:51 AM

Strongjeff , do you have any suggestions on tuners . I have done some homework on tuners / chips . And I know JET,is junk and I don't want a chip I want a tuner . But there are so many of them out now. I used to have a Hypertech power programmer on one of my old Jeeps and I had mixed feelings.I want one that makes me get a S##t eating grin on my face after I program my Jeep , fill it up with high octane and step on it.... Got any suggestions?

Strongjeff 09-24-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnvictusThrax (Post 898628)
Strongjeff , do you have any suggestions on tuners . I have done some homework on tuners / chips . And I know JET,is junk and I don't want a chip I want a tuner . But there are so many of them out now. I used to have a Hypertech power programmer on one of my old Jeeps and I had mixed feelings.I want one that makes me get a S##t eating grin on my face after I program my Jeep , fill it up with high octane and step on it.... Got any suggestions?

well, seeing how yours is an 05, flyinryan, one of the vendors on here should be able to do a custom tune for you. I have an 08 and unfortunately im stuck with a hypertec max energy. you may hav other options but I think a custom tune will do you more justice

EnvictusThrax 09-24-2013 12:37 PM

I just tried posting on FlyinRyans wall and it said"Sorry this forum is not accepting messages at this time". After I wrote a million word message .Yippie ;~}

Strongjeff 09-24-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnvictusThrax (Post 898657)
I just tried posting on FlyinRyans wall and it said"Sorry this forum is not accepting messages at this time". After I wrote a million word message .Yippie ;~}

maybe a million wasn't enough! I would try 1,000,001 words :D

Combat 10-07-2013 11:10 PM

Throttle body spacers, I wouldn't waste your money. The only thing it ever did for me was add some whistle to my 5.7. Your better off porting your throttle body, if that was even an option for you.