Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Chrysler extended warranty/service contract. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/chrysler-extended-warranty-service-contract-65864.html)

vertrkr 09-24-2013 01:52 AM

Chrysler extended warranty/service contract.

I got my 7 year/70,000/0 deductible Max Care warranty for $1,535, Chrysler calls them service contracts. I contacted the 5 sites below for a quote and went with the best one, maybe could have negotiated more but I didn't even try for some reason. Once bought they sent me paper work showing the dealer cost which was $1,285 so there's probably some wiggle room in there as they got $250 of profit from me.

There's a variety of plans and options but Max Care is the best. The first site listed below gives some pretty good details on them:

Chrysler extended warranty, Factory backed extended warranties for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles
Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler Warranty | Official Chrysler Service Contracts
CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.
Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans
Chrysler Factory Warranty

davewg 09-24-2013 06:40 AM

Re: Chrysler extended warranty/service contract.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 898462)
I got my 7 year/ 70,000/ 0 deductible Max Care warranty, Chrysler calls them service contracts, for $1,535. I contacted the 5 sites below for a quote and went with the best one, maybe could have negotiated more but I didn't even try for some reason. Once bought they sent me paper work showing their cost which was $1,285 so there's probably some wiggle room in there.

There's a variety of plans and options but Max Care is the best. The first site listed below gives some pretty good details on them:

Chrysler extended warranty, Factory backed extended warranties for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles
Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler Warranty | Official Chrysler Service Contracts
CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.
Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans
Chrysler Factory Warranty

Can you let us know which one you went with (or PM me please)?

I have the following so far (all $100 deductible)
Lifetime - 2185
7/100 - 1625
8/120 - 2000
7/70 - 1090
5/100 - 1350

I have to go back and have them quote me again with no deductible. Seems to make more sense to pay the slight extra upfront instead of $100 for each repair especially if the numbers are close ($200 difference between your 7/70 and mine with the deductible).

vertrkr 09-24-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 898489)
Can you let us know which one you went with (or PM me please)?

These three had the lowest quotes, real close to each other, I went with the first one:

chrysler-warranty-online.com
chryslerwarrantydirect.com
chryslerfactoryplans.com

Dave, there's more than $200 difference between our quotes, I payed $1,535. The lower number in my post was the dealer cost for the plan, $1,285.

davewg 09-24-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 898526)
These three had the lowest quotes, real close to each other, I went with the first one:

chryslerfactoryplans.com

Dave, there's more than $200 difference between our quotes, I payed $1,535. The lower number in my post was the dealer cost for the plan, $1,285.

I'm leaning towards the first one too. I need to go back and get revised quotes on the $0 deductible coverages.

Oops...my goof on the numbers. Even with the larger difference I still think $0 is the way to go, especially with the longer term contracts. You have to figure eventually there will be enough repairs that you recoup the extra cost of the $0 plans by not having to pay a deductible.

Moody Hammer 09-24-2013 10:19 PM

Thank you vertrkr for starting this thread. This will he helpful to a lot of us here. :thumbsup:

UncleGuy 11-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 898526)

chryslerfactoryplans.com

I just went to all the above websites to start researching this. The one listed second does not offer the Durango as a covered vehicle. I will call them Monday just to confirm. Might be a mistake on their part.

Gqjeff 11-12-2013 11:32 AM

I paid 1300 for the 1285 one from the dealer. The vehicle was 2.5 hrs away and the guy told us he knew we would never come back to them for a service so he would give me the best deal possible. I would say he def did. I have 100$ deductible though..

dbtx 11-16-2013 09:15 AM

My extended was purchased at the dealer but is not a Chrysler product. I did some research and feel good about it.

Preferred Protection Plan
F&I Products| Sales Training| F&I Training| Dealership Development| Workers Comp.| Service Life| Service Lloyds| Service Group
Austin, TX
877-565-0816
60/100k
$1600 price - negotiated down from $2800!
$100 deductible

I rack up miles for work so this made sense for me. No personal experience just yet.

- Danny

bmayer9055 12-22-2013 06:00 PM

Does anyone have or have any experience with the lifetime warranty?

CHALLENGERBIZJET 12-22-2013 06:11 PM

I don't think anyone has had their vehicle long enough to have used it yet, what did you want to know?

bmayer9055 12-23-2013 07:56 PM

I thought some of you might of purchased a lifetime on another car/truck. Or have purchased one recently and have pricing information.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 12-23-2013 08:26 PM

2185.00 at Ziegler in Michigan. Unlimited Lifetime max with 100 deductible.