Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Fruitful warranty job on the rig but still a question I have for you guys (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/fruitful-warranty-job-on-the-rig-but-still-a-question-i-have-for-you-guys-65892.html)

Chunderboy 09-24-2013 07:28 PM

Fruitful warranty job on the rig but still a question I have for you guys

So, I dropped her off to get the push start/stop button installed, bc apparently they don't just give it to you if you get the e-group, but my salesman just threw it in for no cost.. right guy

I also had my first oil change done (2200 miles) and had them update any/all TSB's and radio. The new software on my 430 rhb shows 50.00 and somthing else. I also had a question about the NAV maps too. My version shows 2.5, is that the latest that is out there? I ask bc I asked them to update that as well and just wanna make sure I wasn't dicked around. Keep in mind, everything that was done was at no cost to me.

Thanks.

jacko15 09-24-2013 09:30 PM

Re: Fruitful warranty job on the rig but still a question I have for you guys

I don't believe any NAV map updates are free. Not sure about your version, my radio is different.

2014 LAREDO 09-24-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 898901)
I also had my first oil change done (2200 miles)

Wow, your oil change indicator light already came on 2200 miles?
I've got almost 5000 miles now and the light hasn't come on yet to indicate I need my first oil change.

I also have a 2014 Laredo E and it came with the push button start/stop.

Maliberti 09-24-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 898901)
So, I dropped her off to get the push start/stop button installed, bc apparently they don't just give it to you if you get the e-group, but my salesman just threw it in for no cost.. right guy
Thanks.

:confused::confused:
what year do you have?

I thought all 2014 had push start,I have the Laredo E and I looked a dozen of them on the lot and they all had them base to top of the line.

2014 LAREDO 09-25-2013 07:18 AM

I figured that too since its not listed as standard equipment or an option on my window sticker. :confused:

Chunderboy 09-25-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014 LAREDO (Post 898990)
Wow, your oil change indicator light already came on 2200 miles?
I've got almost 5000 miles now and the light hasn't come on yet to indicate I need my first oil change.

I also have a 2014 Laredo E and it came with the push button start/stop.

Nope, the light didn't come on, I just figured that I would do it all since I don't feel like coming back again...

I guess thats what I get for living in NY. Always trying to jack you some way or another...

Chunderboy 09-25-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maliberti (Post 899013)
:confused::confused:
What year do you have?

I thought all 2014 had push start,i have the laredo e and i looked a dozen of them on the lot and they all had them base to top of the line.

Chunderboy 09-25-2013 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 898974)
I don't believe any NAV map updates are free. Not sure about your version, my radio is different.

I was hoping that it would be. Anyone even know what software version the 430 rhb is supposed to have for maps. Oh and here are some pics after the update

jacko15 09-25-2013 10:23 AM

Here is where the map updates are available:
GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

Chunderboy 09-25-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 899205)
Here is where the map updates are available:
GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

cool, thanks. The guy on the phone said they usually come out every 12-16 months, so the new 2014 should be coming out around December/January, so I might just wait for that then. I personally think 150 well spent, but I guess we will see.

hotspur 09-25-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 899231)
cool, thanks. The guy on the phone said they usually come out every 12-16 months, so the new 2014 should be coming out around December/January, so I might just wait for that then. I personally think 150 well spent, but I guess we will see.

$150 is ridiculous. Just received a notice to update my Corvette maps for $150 and immediately tossed it into the trash. Paid less than that for a Garmin with lifetime maps and traffic.

willjeep 09-25-2013 04:55 PM

Having the nav intergraded into the Evic is priceless. I opted not to get GPS in 2005, I dont think I would ever buy a car without intergraded GPS again.