Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Sub into BA system w/ Bass Control? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/sub-into-ba-system-w-bass-control-65911.html)

2003_sv650s 09-25-2013 12:28 PM

Sub into BA system w/ Bass Control?

New here to these forums. I have an 08 WK.

My jeep has the stock Boston system installed. I have the system out of my previous vehicle (I took it out before trading it in for the jeep) which was installed by an audio shop with an aftermarket head unit (which I don't want to do with the jeep). I saw the thread toward the top about installing with a BA system but my question is kind of different.

So I've looked through several posts/threads/how-to's and wanted to make sure the research I've collected is correct.

I know that I will need a PAC SOEM-T LOC to tap into the existing rear amplified wires. The stock amp should be in the drivers side cargo area correct?

My question is can I use this PAC LC1 to control the level of bass? The control wire to the amp would be powered off of the LOC.

I made the wiring diagram that is attached to this post and if someone could take a minute to look it over to verify if I am correct or not that would be appreciated. I would rather not start tearing into the interior & wiring without a correct plan.

http://i.imgur.com/odZSZCk.png

Thanks in advance

brentwoodkris 09-27-2013 08:42 AM

Re: Sub into BA system w/ Bass Control?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003_sv650s (Post 899255)
New here to these forums. I have an 08 WK.

My jeep has the stock Boston system installed. I have the system out of my previous vehicle (I took it out before trading it in for the jeep) which was installed by an audio shop with an aftermarket head unit (which I don't want to do with the jeep). I saw the thread toward the top about installing with a BA system but my question is kind of different.

So I've looked through several posts/threads/how-to's and wanted to make sure the research I've collected is correct.

I know that I will need a PAC SOEM-T LOC to tap into the existing rear amplified wires. The stock amp should be in the drivers side cargo area correct?

My question is can I use this PAC LC1 to control the level of bass? The control wire to the amp would be powered off of the LOC.

I made the wiring diagram that is attached to this post and if someone could take a minute to look it over to verify if I am correct or not that would be appreciated. I would rather not start tearing into the interior & wiring without a correct plan.

http://i.imgur.com/odZSZCk.png

Thanks in advance

I think that might work (I can't see the diagram here at work though). Just ensure that you're looking for bass volume, as opposed to bass boost with that unit.

I'm sure someone more experienced with that unit will chime in pretty quick.

Unrelated, but nice ride with the '03 SV650, I'm currently riding an '05 SV1K right now.

2003_sv650s 09-28-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 900270)

I think that might work (I can't see the diagram here at work though). Just ensure that you're looking for bass volume, as opposed to bass boost with that unit.

I'm sure someone more experienced with that unit will chime in pretty quick.

Unrelated, but nice ride with the '03 SV650, I'm currently riding an '05 SV1K right now.

Well everything is ordered so we'll see how it all works when I start next weekend. I'll try to take pictures to keep track of everything. Also I messed up the diagram by putting rcas to the subs even though I knew it was speaker wire.

And yea I love my sv. Got any pics? I have plenty mods done to mine. My favorite being the gsxr fork swap.

brentwoodkris 09-30-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003_sv650s (Post 900996)
Well everything is ordered so we'll see how it all works when I start next weekend. I'll try to take pictures to keep track of everything. Also I messed up the diagram by putting rcas to the subs even though I knew it was speaker wire.

And yea I love my sv. Got any pics? I have plenty mods done to mine. My favorite being the gsxr fork swap.

I do have a pic actually, but I can't link it from work apparently. My SV has basically every mod you CAN do to it done, with the exception of the GSXR forks...I just couldn't justify the cost, because I don't take her to track days. I baby her mostly. I'll try to remember to post a pic on here tonight.

tomk 09-30-2013 11:31 AM

When I put a sub in my '07 (also the BA system), I found that the rear amp outputs had a bass roll-off inside the amp; I had to use the front-door outputs. I don't know if the '08 is different.

...tom

brentwoodkris 09-30-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 901788)
When I put a sub in my '07 (also the BA system), I found that the rear amp outputs had a bass roll-off inside the amp; I had to use the front-door outputs. I don't know if the '08 is different.

...tom

I'm pretty sure that the back outputs are full-spectrum...but that's based on research I did when I put in my system...I could always be wrong.

That being said, I tapped the rear outputs, and there is certainly no shortage of bass. I have my gain turned way down haha.

2003_sv650s 09-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 901781)
I do have a pic actually, but I can't link it from work apparently. My SV has basically every mod you CAN do to it done, with the exception of the GSXR forks...I just couldn't justify the cost, because I don't take her to track days. I baby her mostly. I'll try to remember to post a pic on here tonight.

Its got:
2007 gsxr 750 Forks (A few different years for other components)
3" Riser Clip Ons
2005 sv650 rear wheel
aTRE
Double Bubble Screen
Race style Solo Cowl (not shown)
Competition Werkes FE
Delkevic Shorty Exhaust
OEM Radiator Covers
Dunlop Q2 Tires

I'm probably missing a few of the smaller things.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...Route132-1.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...8-27192043.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...8-27192106.jpg

brentwoodkris 10-01-2013 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my list of mods:

Flush Smoked LED Front signals, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Undertail, Chewy's Sliders, Scorpion Titanium Bolt-Ons, Solo Cowl, PCIII-USB, K&N Filter, aTRE, TechSpec Tank Grips, Dowco Value full luggage set, HEL Lines, Corbin seat, desnorkeled, MotoSliders No-Cut sliders, Chewy's PAIR mod, Angled can kit, mirror extenders, tank raisers, K5 ZX-10R Shock, Canyon Riders Distribution Block, Digital Voltmeter.

And finally a pic:

2003_sv650s 10-02-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 902352)
Here's my list of mods:

Flush Smoked LED Front signals, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Undertail, Chewy's Sliders, Scorpion Titanium Bolt-Ons, Solo Cowl, PCIII-USB, K&N Filter, aTRE, TechSpec Tank Grips, Dowco Value full luggage set, HEL Lines, Corbin seat, desnorkeled, MotoSliders No-Cut sliders, Chewy's PAIR mod, Angled can kit, mirror extenders, tank raisers, K5 ZX-10R Shock, Canyon Riders Distribution Block, Digital Voltmeter.

And finally a pic:

Sharp looking. I definitely forgot things like the tank grips and the zx10r shock.

I just got the PAC LOC so now its time to do a little more research on its wiring and back to WKjeeps for the wire designations.

I'll keep any pictures of progress here.

brentwoodkris 10-02-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003_sv650s (Post 902803)

I just got the PAC LOC so now its time to do a little more research on its wiring and back to WKjeeps for the wire designations.

I'll keep any pictures of progress here.

Good deal. Best of luck with the install.:thumbsup: