Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Uconnect 8.4AN with less features HELP!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/uconnect-8-4an-with-less-features-help-65971.html)

jzairick 09-26-2013 07:09 PM

Uconnect 8.4AN with less features HELP!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am new in the Jeep world, I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and I have a few concerns.

1.- I bought the JGC in Mexico and the Uconnect system does not show SIRI XM Radio.

2.- The Apps section only shows the Settings menu and it doesn't show anything about "Text Message", Yelp, Pandora, Wifi or any of the apps you all talk about. Not even the Uconnect registration.

3.- I downloaded the Uconnect app to my iPhone and it doesn't show anything, just phone numbers to the dealer and service.

Can someone please help me with the next question?

I AM A MEMBER AND I WISH TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO UPDATE/CHANGE THE SOFTWARE SO I CAN GET ALL THOSE COOL FEATURES??

Thanks for your help.

2014GC 09-26-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Uconnect 8.4AN with less features HELP!!!

Welcome to the Jeep Family!
First off where in Mexico are you?

cnynctry 09-26-2013 08:51 PM

Buying it in Mexico may be the issue. I think tha a number of the things you gave missing are US only. I think there is a way to change the country code but by the dealers equipment only.

Willx 09-26-2013 09:06 PM

I believe Mexico receives the same export model radio that all Non-
US (other than Canada) receive. Check your options sheet and you probably have an RJ4 Radio instead of an RA4 Radio.

The RJ4 does not contain a Sirius XM Tuner or the Wifi Card. It cannot be wireless accessed or upgraded to these features because it does not contain the hardware to do so.

Please check which radio it came with and i can likely give more detail.

Edit: actually, as a Premium member, you may PM me the last 8 of your VIN and the current km (I may be wrong but I believe Mexico receives vehicles in Base km not miles).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzairick (Post 899999)
Hello Everyone,

I am new in the Jeep world, I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and I have a few concerns.

1.- I bought the JGC in Mexico and the Uconnect system does not show SIRI XM Radio.

2.- The Apps section only shows the Settings menu and it doesn't show anything about "Text Message", Yelp, Pandora, Wifi or any of the apps you all talk about. Not even the Uconnect registration.

3.- I downloaded the Uconnect app to my iPhone and it doesn't show anything, just phone numbers to the dealer and service.

Can someone please help me with the next question?

I AM A MEMBER AND I WISH TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO UPDATE/CHANGE THE SOFTWARE SO I CAN GET ALL THOSE COOL FEATURES??

Thanks for your help.

jzairick 09-26-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 900020)
Welcome to the Jeep Family! First off where in Mexico are you?

I am in Orizaba, Veracruz Does this help? I tried a restore a few hours ago and it asked me to register the Uconnect but I was driving, maybe if I try to do it in parking it will let me register and all those functions be available now. When I got my JGC for the first time it didn't ask me to register as if someone canceled the process before.

jzairick 09-27-2013 01:07 AM

I did another restore and when setting my Bluetooth phone I selected "show notifications" on the Bluetooth settings in my iPhone and now I can send messages.

BUT NOW THE APPS MENU HAS DISAPPEARED AND I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL SHOW LATER O WHAT?

Willx 09-27-2013 06:33 AM

Update:

Vehicles shipped to Mexico can have an RA3 or RA4 Radio but Do not have the SiriusXM option (don't actually have the tuner card)

Also UConnect Access is Exclusively available in the US, other features will work through your cell phone like streaming apps and Text msg, but there is no wireless card in the systems outside of the US.

jzairick 09-29-2013 07:59 AM

The only app that appears on my Uconnect is the SRT app but it only shows sometimes, do you know why this happens?

Thanks

salomonamiga 11-14-2013 07:32 PM

hola

Estoy en las mismas, compre la cherokee y por mas que intento saber como hacer para lo de las apps no he podido hacer nada

igual la beje la app y me salen solo algunos numeros como a ti pero nada de funcionalidades

te ruego que si sabes algo me avises para poder hacerlo

yo pienso que si en efecto a mexico no nos llego la version mas nueva y es por eso que no podemos usar la sección de apps ;(

Ojala logremos algo, igual si yo se de alguna solución te lo hare saber

Saludos amigo

rdiaz@prcs 01-14-2014 01:22 PM

Hi i have the very same issue. How can i know wich radio i have?

8.4 RA3 or RA4?

If i have the RA4 a Satellite Tunner card can be added as a After Market option?

My VIN is EC356991 in case that some one have access to the vehicle information.

BTW. I am in Puerto Rico.