Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Going tuner shopping crazy....please help ... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/going-tuner-shopping-crazy-please-help-65981.html)

EnvictusThrax 09-26-2013 11:15 PM

Going tuner shopping crazy....please help ...

I have a 2005,3.7L WK. I have been doing research on a tuner for my Jeep for days on end and I can't find one that is compatible for my Jeep . Someone please get me out of this nightmare .HELP ME , I need more horsepower ....Bigger , Better , Faster , Stronger

Prestone 09-27-2013 02:34 AM

There is no replacement for displacement! I'm sure there is prolly 10 millions threads about this. If your lucky some might post a link to a few of them.

Strongjeff 09-27-2013 07:48 AM

Re: Going tuner shopping crazy....please help ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestone (Post 900183)
There is no replacement for displacement! I'm sure there is prolly 10 millions threads about this. If your lucky some might post a link to a few of them.

Error - Hypertech

click on this link, takes you straight to hypertec's page

mosier 09-29-2013 10:33 PM

Older thread that's wroth a read concerning this:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/3-7l-pe...hip-13781.html

I didn't see anything from Superchips, but if they did that's what I would go with for a "canned" tune. I would try SCT or Diablo and see what they offer. As far as a "real" tune, the person to really ask is FlyinRyan, but I don't think he takes PM's any more due to his work load. A long time ago, B&G Performance was the "go to" on custom tuning Chrysler vehicles. I don't know if they still do it or not. I called them a two years ago, left several messages inquiring about their services, never could get a hold of anybody, nor did I ever get a call back. Maybe they do racing only now?

Strongjeff 09-29-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 901599)
Older thread that's wroth a read concerning this:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/3-7l-pe...hip-13781.html

I didn't see anything from Superchips, but if they did that's what I would go with for a "canned" tune. I would try SCT or Diablo and see what they offer. As far as a "real" tune, the person to really ask is FlyinRyan, but I don't think he takes PM's any more due to his work load. A long time ago, B&G Performance was the "go to" on custom tuning Chrysler vehicles. I don't know if they still do it or not. I called them a two years ago, left several messages inquiring about their services, never could get a hold of anybody, nor did I ever get a call back. Maybe they do racing only now?

hypertec has a canned tune that im running

mosier 09-30-2013 08:11 PM

How has the Hypertech been doing for your 3.7? What kind of features does it offer for it?

Strongjeff 10-01-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 902059)
How has the Hypertech been doing for your 3.7? What kind of features does it offer for it?

it does fairly well on the 3.7, the features it offers it a tune for regular and premium fuels. also:
-adjust speedo for gearing
-adjust top speed (up to 255mph)
-rev limit +/-500rpm
-set cooling fan on temp
-read and clear dtc's

what im running on mine:
-premium fuel tune for 91oct , but premium here is 93oct.
-cooling fan on temp is at 190
-top speed set to 255 (in our case no governor)
-rev limit bumped up +250 rpm for a max rev of 6,250 rpm (stock limiter is 6k)

mosier 10-01-2013 11:59 PM

Nice:) The biggest difference the Superchips made on mine was being able to increase the rev limit like your Hypertech, and therefore giving me the option to increase the shift points at WOT for the transmission. Now it's like a different vehicle:D My understanding is that the 3.7 comes with the Mercedes (W5A580) transmission. Matter of fact the same used in the SRT8 WK. Does your tuner offer any trans tuning? Looking at the gear ratio spread on WK Jeeps on that trans it may not need it, as the spreads are pretty good. The 545RFE I have has that goofy droop after 1st and is a little "lazy" stock. Tuner took care of the laziness, for sure:thumbsup:

Strongjeff 10-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 902748)
Nice:) The biggest difference the Superchips made on mine was being able to increase the rev limit like your Hypertech, and therefore giving me the option to increase the shift points at WOT for the transmission. Now it's like a different vehicle:D My understanding is that the 3.7 comes with the Mercedes (W5A580) transmission. Matter of fact the same used in the SRT8 WK. Does your tuner offer any trans tuning? Looking at the gear ratio spread on WK Jeeps on that trans it may not need it, as the spreads are pretty good. The 545RFE I have has that goofy droop after 1st and is a little "lazy" stock. Tuner took care of the laziness, for sure:thumbsup:

no trans tune unfortunately, yes the trans is the same as in the srt, but I believe theres a slightly better K3 clutch in the srt or something like that