Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Wheel arch trim modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/wheel-arch-trim-modifications-66004.html)

Tony407 09-27-2013 05:23 PM

Wheel arch trim modifications
 
I love my '14 Summit, but one of the things I dislike are the wheel arches. I really like the look of the black trim around the arches on the Limited. Sadly, it doesn't appear like an easy fix to transform my Summit into a Limited in this respect. Especially the fact that the front bumper is also different, which the wheel arch trim runs down and blends into. Has anyone done any modifications to their Summit in this fashion? Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Here's some pics for comparison:
http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...-diesel-14.jpghttp://image.trucktrend.com/f/featur...nt-view-06.jpg

nonopr01 09-27-2013 06:32 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Very Easy. Most of that trim you have is with 3m double sided tape.
The problem is the part needed to complete the change.$$$$$$$

Scottina06 09-27-2013 06:37 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
youd have to switch bumpers

BobsWK2 09-27-2013 08:23 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Wow, I never did like the cheap looking black plastic wheel opening mouldings that my 2012 Overland had on it. Just gave it the look of a Laredo. Not something the luxury oriented Overland should of had on it. When I saw that the 2014 Summit would come with the much more integrated looking body color mouldings, that plus other features that the Summit includes, that convinced me to order a Summit.

Zybane 09-27-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
I have a Summit inbound and also don't care much for the wheel flares or the wheels. I will be painting the raised arches with black plasti-dip and getting some off-road wheels.

Tony407 09-27-2013 08:48 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zybane (Post 900610)
I have a Summit inbound and also don't care much for the wheel flares or the wheels. I will be painting the raised arches with black plasti-dip and getting some off-road wheels.

I've got a plethora of various photoshopped pictures of my Summit with different wheels, black wheel arches, etc. I do it so much that it cuts into my homework time.

Tony

Zybane 09-27-2013 09:00 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Care to post some of those pics? I'd love to see.

GBJeep 09-27-2013 09:16 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 900601)
Wow, I never did like the cheap looking black plastic wheel opening mouldings that my 2012 Overland had on it. Just gave it the look of a Laredo. Not something the luxury oriented Overland should of had on it. When I saw that the 2014 Summit would come with the much more integrated looking body color mouldings, that plus other features that the Summit includes, that convinced me to order a Summit.

All subjective I guess, but I don't feel the black plastic trim looks "cheap". I think it gives the Jeep a rugged appearance compared to the luxury models.

Tony407 09-27-2013 09:25 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Here's my favorite. Blacked out arches with 20" Boss 304 wheels and 275/55 tires.

Tony
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps559ba2f8.jpg

Zybane 09-27-2013 09:55 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
It looks like half the width of the arches are painted in that photo. Do you think it would look silly to paint the entire arch width?

Tony407 09-27-2013 10:12 PM

Re: Wheel arch trim modifications
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zybane (Post 900654)
It looks like half the width of the arches are painted in that photo. Do you think it would look silly to paint the entire arch width?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps01225b6c.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community