Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/suspension-raising-lowering-doesnt-stop-issue-66023.html)

Bborzell 09-28-2013 11:18 AM

Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
Let me first point out that hitting one of the suspension buttons has always returned the raise/lower function to normal operation.

But for those who have wondered about those instances when the raising or lowering seems to go on for a long time, I think I have stumbled upon a common factor in this experience. On virtually all the occasions where I have noticed the "when is thing thing gonna stop" issue, it occurred when the raise or lower process initiated while the vehicle was stopped and not on a level surface. Either off camber as in a noticeable road crown or fore/aft where either the front or the rear wheels were higher than the others.

Like I said, hitting one of the buttons and driving on seems to get the system back on track, but it is interesting to note what might be a common factor in triggering the issue.

The first time I noticed this was while parking in a lot that had a drain at one of the corners on the stall I was trying to use. The lowering to Entry/Exit went on and on until I just shut it down and hopped down and out.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

AZhiCntry 09-28-2013 11:44 AM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 900846)
Let me first point out that hitting one of the suspension buttons has always returned the raise/lower function to normal operation.

But for those who have wondered about those instances when the raising or lowering seems to go on for a long time, I think I have stumbled upon a common factor in this experience. On virtually all the occasions where I have noticed the "when is thing thing gonna stop" issue, it occurred when the raise or lower process initiated while the vehicle was stopped and not on a level surface. Either off camber as in a noticeable road crown or fore/aft where either the front or the rear wheels were higher than the others.

Like I said, hitting one of the buttons and driving on seems to get the system back on track, but it is interesting to note what might be a common factor in triggering the issue.

The first time I noticed this was while parking in a lot that had a drain at one of the corners on the stall I was trying to use. The lowering to Entry/Exit went on and on until I just shut it down and hopped down and out.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

:confused: If this happening often, this is not normal operation. Haven you taken it in for diagnosis? Sounds like a bad QL control module or a bad leveling sensor in the system.

Bborzell 09-28-2013 12:27 PM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 900860)
:confused: If this happening often, this is not normal operation. Haven you taken it in for diagnosis? Sounds like a bad QL control module or a bad leveling sensor in the system.


It has not happened often and others have reported the issue here. I raised it to the service tech and he could not find any indication that the system was not functioning normally. At that time, I had not connected the issue to the four wheels not being level to one another.

Zybane 09-28-2013 09:57 PM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
I will look out for this when mine comes in...

nickm 10-16-2013 08:22 PM

I have the same problem

Bborzell 10-17-2013 01:45 AM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
For what it is worth, since I originally kicked off this thread, the issue has not recurred.

jacko15 10-17-2013 09:27 AM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
This has happened to me a few times. Interesting thought about non-level surface. I'll look for this if it happens again.

nickm 10-17-2013 01:47 PM

It seemed to go away for awhile after I got the tsb for the transmission. But now it has come back with a vengeance.

lstowell 10-17-2013 04:26 PM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 912140)
For what it is worth, since I originally kicked off this thread, the issue has not recurred.

Murphys Law. Now it knows you are watching it.

I get it very intermittently when I use the park height. The vehicle seems to be not moving, although since it is in motion can't really tell. I've discovered that popping into and out of sport mode will get rid of it.

Now that you mention it, if parked on a normal slope, don't see it.
If parked where no two of the wheels are at the same height, have seen it a grand total of 3 times.

TurboRush 10-17-2013 07:36 PM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
Interesting you mentioned this... I've had it happen twice, both times the car was not even remotely level with a good difference between front and rear, right and left... Both times I pulled to level surface and it completed.

TurboRush 10-19-2013 08:24 AM

Looks like a tsb was just released for the extended raising and lowering flashing when it's already hit its target height: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0808213.pdf. Also addresses suspension cooling.

whartung 10-21-2013 05:50 PM

Re: Suspension "Raising/Lowering" doesn't stop issue
 
I think I just noticed this on mine. I use park height, and I have an inclined driveway. We were doing some gardening and I came back from the garden store, and noticed after a bit that the Jeep was amusing itself. Not a lot, maybe once or twice. But certainly long after it had settled after the initial park.

I'll get the update when I take it in for an oil change.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community