Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Whited out raised graphics in engine compartment (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/whited-out-raised-graphics-in-engine-compartment-66036.html)

vertrkr 09-28-2013 08:45 PM

Whited out raised graphics in engine compartment

2 Attachment(s)
Today was my first, and probably last day for a while, to fully obsess over my Durango all day long. I double checked every painted surface and fastener connections for flaws, found none other than I already posted. I decided the flog lights where way off color temp from the HID lights so I put in SilverStar Ultras (4,100K). I know the filaments burn hotter and don't last long but I rarely drive at night. I didn't notice that much difference, during the day anyway, so I'll double check at night. Itching to do something more, I whited out the raised lettering and graphics on the plastic in the engine compartment for the battery terminals, fuse box and power steering.

Scottina06 09-28-2013 08:55 PM

Re: Whited out raised graphics in engine compartment

cool idea

davewg 09-28-2013 09:27 PM

Agreed. Looks sharp!

CLStech 09-28-2013 09:37 PM

What did you use?

vertrkr 09-28-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLStech (Post 901086)
What did you use?

Paint pen, I always keep a big stock pile of them.

Laureljoke 09-30-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 901067)
Today was my first, and probably last day for a while, to fully obsess over my Durango all day long. I double checked every painted surface and fastener connections for flaws, found none other than I already posted. I decided the flog lights where way off color temp from the HID lights so I put in SilverStar Ultras (4,100K). I know the filaments burn hotter and don't last long but I rarely drive at night. I didn't notice that much difference, during the day anyway, so I'll double check at night. Itching to do something more, I whited out the raised lettering and graphics on the plastic in the engine compartment for the battery terminals, fuse box and power steering.

You are full of good ideas. Wish you lived closer so you could show my Durango how it's done! Keep obsessing, because the rest of us are really benefitting from your projects.

Immo 09-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 901765)
You are full of good ideas. Wish you lived closer so you could show my Durango how it's done! Keep obsessing, because the rest of us are really benefitting from your projects.

Ditto

davewg 10-01-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immo (Post 902062)
Ditto

Agreed as well. The white paint pen in the engine bay would never have occurred to me and looks slick.

chaunceyjb1 10-01-2013 10:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, where do you get paint pens. Are they marketed under a particular brand name?

vertrkr 10-02-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 902719)
Just out of curiosity, where do you get paint pens. Are they marketed under a particular brand name?

Any art/craft/hobby store usually has them, Amazon too. Uchida Decocolor Paint marker is my favorite brand.

Amazon.com: decocolor paint markers

CLStech 10-23-2013 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the tip! Here are my results below:

Attachment 30751

Attachment 30752

vertrkr 10-24-2013 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=CLStech;916146]Thanks for the tip! Here are my results below:

Nice. I'm not sure if you did the srt letters or they came from the factory. They do sell a metallic red pen that would better match your catch can if interested:

Amazon.com: Gundam Metallic Red Acrylic Paint Marker (GM16): Toys & Games