Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I know, i know the CRD shipped, but I could not wait anylonger... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-know-i-know-the-crd-shipped-but-i-could-not-wait-anylonger-66037.html)

mputnik 09-28-2013 08:49 PM

I know, i know the CRD shipped, but I could not wait anylonger...

So, I pulled the trigger on a lease for a Limited 3.6 with LuxII and Frost/Black interior. Looks awesome in Granite Crystal. I'm happy with the purchase but will have it in the shop next week as the tailgate is close to grinding against the body lights. After have spent a few hours with it it....i love it. Small things that I noticed...yes, I like the details, one metal clip that holds the front window washer hose was bent off. not sure if it is a clip or if it is actually part of the hood. no biggie, does not seem to create any probs.
Oh, and one thing that I will do in short order is to switch out the taillight chrome for the SRT black version. according to the parts guy at the dealership its about $350 to get it done. I'm not a chrome guy. Had an 11 before, so I also noticed that the VVT emblem on the engine cover is gone, i know, minor detail. I guess its still VVT though. All in all, super happy to have left my 1 year old X5 Diesel and back in the JGC.

JWS360 09-28-2013 09:00 PM

Re: I know, i know the CRD shipped, but I could not wait anylonger...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mputnik (Post 901069)
So, I pulled the trigger on a lease for a Limited 3.6 with LuxII and Frost/Black interior. Looks awesome in Granite Crystal. I'm happy with the purchase but will have it in the shop next week as the tailgate is close to grinding against the body lights. After have spent a few hours with it it....i love it. Small things that I noticed...yes, I like the details, one metal clip that holds the front window washer hose was bent off. not sure if it is a clip or if it is actually part of the hood. no biggie, does not seem to create any probs.
Oh, and one thing that I will do in short order is to switch out the taillight chrome for the SRT black version. according to the parts guy at the dealership its about $350 to get it done. I'm not a chrome guy. Had an 11 before, so I also noticed that the VVT emblem on the engine cover is gone, i know, minor detail. I guess its still VVT though. All in all, super happy to have left my 1 year old X5 Diesel and back in the JGC.

Interesting that the tailgate fit is still an issue. i recall posting about this months ago. I even called Jeep to mention it. Apparently its still a problem.

mputnik 09-28-2013 09:07 PM

yup. and this was an August build...I just noticed condensation inside the HID's as well...oh well.

BobsWK2 09-29-2013 06:28 PM

I'd be real surprised if Chrysler addresses the very common liftgate alignment problem for the 2015 model year.

ExcursionDiesel 09-29-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 901482)
I'd be real surprised if Chrysler addresses the very common liftgate alignment problem for the 2015 model year.

In another thread it was confirmed the mounting holes for the right tail light are not located properly. Its due to a drill fixture misalignment. There is no corrective action yet. I expect mine to have the issue when it arrives unless they corrected it before my Sept 6 build date.

bd

mswlogo 09-29-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 901482)

I don't think it's the gate itself. It's the mounting of the lights. They protrude out from the gate. More on the right side. I looked at a bunch of jeeps and they are all the same. On the same side. I would not realign my gate for it. The tail light on the body isn't that rigid either and can vary it's position too.

The gate might be a mm to the right but the combination of the 3, make it look like the gate. But it's mostly the light on the tail gate that is sticking out.

Ignore the lights and look at the seam gaps. They are pretty even on each side.