Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   First day of some quick mods on 2014 overland! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/first-day-of-some-quick-mods-on-2014-overland-66039.html)

mac5217 09-28-2013 09:24 PM

First day of some quick mods on 2014 overland!

Just installed the K & N intake...and What a HUGE difference in sound. Worth the investment for that alone, sounds what you would expect a Hemi to sound like. I'm very impressed with what a difference this quick mod made! Sounds so good, I Don't even think I what to change the exhaust now...afraid it'll be too loud! Might me psychological, but I do feel a slight increase in power.
Also installed the Mopar pedal kit as we'll. Used the boiling water method for about 15mins. Maybe I got lucky, but popped it on with just brute strength in about 20 mins, no tools.

Quick thank you to everyone who posted advice on both these simple mods....helped me TREMENDOUSLY!

MAC

NavyDoc 09-28-2013 09:53 PM

I'm super new to this, so please excuse my ignorance, but does this void any warranty? I'm very interested in doing this mod as well.

berk483 09-29-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyDoc (Post 901093)
I'm super new to this, so please excuse my ignorance, but does this void any warranty? I'm very interested in doing this mod as well.

Nothing mentioned in the first post voids the warranty.

NavyDoc 09-29-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berk483 (Post 901251)
Nothing mentioned in the first post voids the warranty.

Thanks!

gharwyn 09-30-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac5217 (Post 901082)
Just installed the K & N intake...and What a HUGE difference in sound. Worth the investment for that alone, sounds what you would expect a Hemi to sound like. I'm very impressed with what a difference this quick mod made! Sounds so good, I Don't even think I what to change the exhaust now...afraid it'll be too loud! Might me psychological, but I do feel a slight increase in power. Also installed the Mopar pedal kit as we'll. Used the boiling water method for about 15mins. Maybe I got lucky, but popped it on with just brute strength in about 20 mins, no tools. Quick thank you to everyone who posted advice on both these simple mods....helped me TREMENDOUSLY! MAC

Where did you get your intake? Is there a model #. Cost? And did you install yourself? Was thinking of getting this as well for 2014 Overland.

I have the pedals, but couldn't figure out how to install. Any suggestions?

mac5217 10-04-2013 06:44 PM

Re: First day of some quick mods on 2014 overland!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharwyn (Post 902048)
Where did you get your intake? Is there a model #. Cost? And did you install yourself? Was thinking of getting this as well for 2014 Overland.

I have the pedals, but couldn't figure out how to install. Any suggestions?

Bought the intake from Autoplicity...had the best best price and got it two days after order. about $205 including shipping. Model was K&N 77-1563PK. If you can change ur own oil...you can install ur self. K & N have a you tube video that shoiws installation. definately worth the 200 dollar price tag.

As far as the brake pedal...I soaked it in pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. made the rubber very pliable. As long as you keep the rubber soft and pliable, it makes it alot easier. I didnt even need a flathead screw driver. As stated earlier, I may have got luckey but it popped on after about 20mins of monkeying around. I started with the the left side tope and bottem corners annd just kept stretching and pulling until in popped on (sounds so dirty!)

Mac