Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Clear Bar Full or partial Hood and Fenders ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/clear-bar-full-or-partial-hood-and-fenders-66050.html)

Matt18 09-29-2013 10:43 AM

Clear Bar Full or partial Hood and Fenders ?

For those of you who have gone with the Clear bar. Did you go with the full hood and fenders or did you do the partial ?

If you went partial where the lines noticeable and pant to wax/clean ?

Thanks for your input

moosehead 09-29-2013 01:05 PM

Partial hood plenty line not an issue if you keep wax out of it. recommend same for headlights, grill, A pillars, maybe mirror caps. I would not have a vehicle without the clear bra.

Zybane 09-29-2013 01:39 PM

Re: Clear Bar Full or partial Hood and Fenders ?

I plan to clear bra my bumper, hood, and entire sides of the vehicle as I go in the woods a lot and get pinstriping. Never wax a clear bra'd car as the gunk will accumulate on the edges. Only use a good car polish.

Matt18 09-29-2013 04:06 PM

What about partial fenders is there a noticeable line ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jgc4ever 09-29-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt18 (Post 901445)
What about partial fenders is there a noticeable line ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

line is not noticeable

gaidin43 10-06-2013 04:45 PM

I used clearmask on my 2012. Did bumper. door edges, and lights. It was hell of a time putting it on, but as long as you keep it wet you can get it to work. Make sure it doesn't stick to itself, but if it does you CAN get it apart with a ton of soapy water..... It saved the bumper on the highway when it got smashed by road debris and the plastic actually flexed with the impact of the rock leaving it streched and scared, but the paint under was fine.

I am considering doing splash OR rocker areas on my 14. I had splash on my silverado and noticed they actually saved it a lot. The jeep the fender well actually goes out more, so I am so so on this one.

I am going to do the bumper and lights again, thought about doing the grill, but if the grill ever gets that messed up I will just upgrade it since the cost of the grill clearmask is about $120, better off just putting that money into the an overland or summit grill.

I have never done the hood mainly because I always put on a bug deflector since it protects the hood even better then the clear mask, but not as large of an area. It is cheaper and much easier to install, and it offers the different air flow to push bugs AWAY from your windshield on those long summer night drives.

TBLWK2 10-06-2013 08:07 PM

I have clear bra installed on a number of my vehicles over the years. I used to go partial but now only go with full hood. I prefer the look and full coverage. I have a good installer who wraps the film under the hood edges so it's difficult to see that a clear bra was installed. I always treat my clear bra like paint - wash, polish and apply sealant/wax by hand and it looks great.

gaidin43 10-06-2013 08:21 PM

What's the cost for a full hood install? Its seems it might be worth having the factory send new vehicles out with clearbra film already wrapping every piece of exposed metal, but that will never happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

TBLWK2 10-06-2013 09:31 PM

If I remember correctly, mine was about $1500 - this included full hood, front fenders, full front bumper, mirrors and rocker panels. It took the installer about 6-7 hours to complete. I've had good and bad installers - experience is crucial for good work. He wrapped the seams wherever possible to make the film as invisible as possible. I still have to be careful waxing, etc., but not nearly as much as clearly visible lines on a partial hood and/or visible seams on the other body panels. I know some of the real high end installers will remove headlights, etc. for a truly transparent install but the cost is beyond my budget.