Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   cheroke or grand cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/cheroke-or-grand-cherokee-66055.html)

emok 09-29-2013 02:14 PM

cheroke or grand cherokee

with the new Cherokee coming put im in the market for a jeep. It seems the grand is about 10k more than the regular cherokee comparing a overland to a trailhawk loaded. Any thoughts as to whether it would be better to get a grand cherokee. i dont tow (rarely just a little)

it seems like both have the technology package but it seems that the cherokee has park assist but the other features seems the same.

Any thoughts or comments would help guide my decision

bill_de 09-29-2013 04:23 PM

Re: cheroke or grand cherokee

Drive them and pick one.

They are not even close to being the same type vehicle. Once you see and drive them both the choice should be easy.

---

2014 LAREDO 09-29-2013 11:27 PM

Thats easy............. Grand Cherokee Laredo E, 3.6, Billet Silver. :thumbsup:

Bborzell 09-30-2013 01:35 AM

The suggestion to drive both is sound. Both will get you to where you want to go if all you want to do is get from one place to another. Where they will be different is in overall feel. While the electronic features might be similar, those features are overlaying very different vehicles in size, weight, engines and suspension. My guess is that 20 minutes behind the wheels of each vehicle will leave you with no question as to what works for your needs.

4jeepdiesel 09-30-2013 01:50 AM

The choice for me is the Grand Cherokee:

1. I need more cargo space
2. I need more ground clearance
3. I need/want a diesel
4. I don't need park assist. I've been driving long enough to know how to park.
5. To put it kindly I do not find the Cherokee to be visibly appealing

2014 LAREDO 09-30-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel (Post 901633)

I agree.

barho 09-30-2013 11:06 AM

Do you need much cargo space? If not, then just save the $10K if you you like the looks of the Cherokee.

hudsonhawk 09-30-2013 11:22 AM

Since no one has received a Cherokee yet it is had for us to give you any first hand accounts of it. I personally am waiting on my Cherokee Trailhawk.

barnettdlb 09-30-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel (Post 901633)
The choice for me is the Grand Cherokee:

I think it is a great looking vehicle. I have a GC, which we love. I am glad they did not copy the GC.

My two cents.

The only way to decide, beside test drives is to weigh in what's most important to you.

Features. It is a wash between the two.
Coolness. Washout.
MPGs. Cherokee
Cargo Room. GC
Looks. Well if you like both it is a wash. (I have a 2011 GC).
Towing. Actually depends. If you just have a small pop trailer, tow a jet ski, hitch once in a blue moon then it is a wash. If you tow a real boat I'd opt for the GC.
Off road. If a GC does it a CH Trailhawk probably does it. If a GC can't do it... get a JK.

ragoodsp 04-03-2014 01:26 PM

I have two 2014's, one GC-L and one TH Cherokee. I just got the TH and i must say I am very impressed with the vehicle. Drivability between the two is closer than you might think, pick up with the 3.2 engine is darn good and comes closer to the 3.6 then you might think. I do like the feel of the GC in that you can tell it is a much heavier vehicle, the clearance is significantly better with the GC, finish work inside is better compaerd to the TH. I hate the electronic shifter and the steering wheel paddles in the GC.... I very much like the manuel shifter in the TH that allows you to shift up and down very nicely. For me I had to get a TH to tow behind my motor home and the GC is just to heavy to tow. Both are very nice rides I have to say and you will not go wrong with either.

v4m0 04-03-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragoodsp (Post 1003021)
I have two 2014's, one GC-L and one TH Cherokee. I just got the TH and i must say I am very impressed with the vehicle. Drivability between the two is closer than you might think, pick up with the 3.2 engine is darn good and comes closer to the 3.6 then you might think. I do like the feel of the GC in that you can tell it is a much heavier vehicle, the clearance is significantly better with the GC, finish work inside is better compaerd to the TH. I hate the electronic shifter and the steering wheel paddles in the GC.... I very much like the manuel shifter in the TH that allows you to shift up and down very nicely. For me I had to get a TH to tow behind my motor home and the GC is just to heavy to tow. Both are very nice rides I have to say and you will not go wrong with either.

Great review. The clearance is better in the GC compared to a CTH?

I bought the TH without seeing them in person, only the other trims.

The quality interior how's compared between a full uploaded Cherokee KL limited vs. a full uploaded TH?

rjgnwdc 04-03-2014 02:15 PM

I agree with the “test drive both” opinion, although you may not need to if you see them together I did and I knew which one I wanted, cost wasn’t really a concern between these two models.