Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   'Parking brake on when in park' UConnect setting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/parking-brake-on-when-in-park-uconnect-setting-66081.html)

jeepinAl 09-30-2013 09:27 AM

'Parking brake on when in park' UConnect setting

I could have sworn i saw this feature on my UConnect, but i may have read the owners manual so many times that now i think i have/had it.

Anybody have this feature on a '14 limited with 8.4an. And for those that have it, how effective is it? (As appose to what i have to do now, neutral-set parking brake- release foot brake...but then put foot brake back on to be able to shift into park)

Al

bill_de 09-30-2013 09:35 AM

Re: 'Parking brake on when in park' UConnect setting

Al,

If you mean that the parking brake automatically sets when you shift into park, I don't think that is a Jeep option. I seem to remember a discussion here several months ago talking about some other vehicles offering it.

In case I'm wrong .... :o

---

StaticFX 09-30-2013 11:54 AM

you couldnt do it..? the parking brake is a manual foot lever

jeepinAl 09-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 901805)
you couldnt do it..? the parking brake is a manual foot lever

Yeah i know, but i didn't know if higher trim levels had a fancier U connect /magic wizard option that had it. Maybe the owners manual is forecasting an E Brake for the future.

Tarponbeach 09-30-2013 06:15 PM

Mine has the 8.4AN and does not have a parking brake option listed. Can't imagine how they would engage/disengage the parking brake, as it is mechanical, not electric.

Dreamer 10-01-2013 04:18 AM

From page 330 UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL "Auto Park Brake (automatic vehicles)--When this feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically set the Park Brake when the vehicle is shifted to park. To make your selection, touch the Auto Park Brake soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting, indicating that the setting had been selected. Touch the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu."

StaticFX 10-01-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer (Post 902196)
From page 330 UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL "Auto Park Brake (automatic vehicles)--When this feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically set the Park Brake when the vehicle is shifted to park. To make your selection, touch the Auto Park Brake soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting, indicating that the setting had been selected. Touch the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu."

*** Only available on 2018 model year and later. When we release the Pandora app.

jacko15 10-01-2013 07:39 PM

Not on my settings. Doesn't show up at all.

1st jeep 10-01-2013 08:06 PM

I do not have that option either