Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Vibration... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/vibration-6610.html)

Bigdiesel74 02-16-2010 03:25 PM

Vibration...

when im on the highway going about 65-70 and i take my foot off the gas i get a vibration or almost like a knocking feeling on the drivers side where i have my feet when driving. right under the driver side floorboards. anyone know what this is?

08Hemi 02-16-2010 04:10 PM

Re: Vibration...

So you do not feel it when you are accelerating? Could it be coming from the rim? Or is it more under your feet? Sorry for the ?'s just trying to pinpoint what it could be...

Bigdiesel74 02-16-2010 04:20 PM

I feel it the most when I let off the gas. I feel it right under my feet

White WK Swagga 02-16-2010 04:55 PM

Check your skid plate on the bottom. Happened to me in my old car. It would only flap at high speeds and felt like something vibrating.

Bigdiesel74 02-16-2010 07:47 PM

Alright. This may sound dumb but where exactly is the skid plate under the jeep? Is it by the trans?

Dylans3960ccs 02-16-2010 09:04 PM

it should be right behind the front bumper if any skid plate would be loose, that would be it.

Sodelcustoms 02-16-2010 09:24 PM

check your exhaust system

mountian goat 02-16-2010 09:59 PM

ok it could be a couple of things, a couple different times i have had vibrations like that, ok so it could be a bad driver side hub, pretty easy to check, jack up your driver side front and grab hold of the tire on both sides and try and wiggle it back and forth you should not feel any play at all and dont be afraid of putting some force into it... #2 check you half shaft that connects to your hub from your front diff, check for for any signs of play... #3 if all that fails it could be your front diff, i had a vibraiton like that, and it was a bad bearing... good luck

Bigdiesel74 02-17-2010 12:31 AM

Well I know they just changed my front diff right around christmas maybe I got a bad one...I will have to call the dealer and see what they say

RedRocker 02-17-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdiesel74 (Post 152423)
Well I know they just changed my front diff right around christmas maybe I got a bad one...I will have to call the dealer and see what they say

Interesting. Dealer just changed my front diff/axle and I'm getting vibes too. However my vibrations start (subtly) around 40 and get a little worse by 65 mph. Dealer did not align after the transplant, so I'm taking my Jeep to Goodyear today - I'll have them check all the usual stuff for vibrations (shafts, ball joints) before they align. I'll report back tonight.