Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   2014 Cherry Red Durango Citadel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/2014-cherry-red-durango-citadel-66150.html)

chaunceyjb1 10-01-2013 02:49 PM

2014 Cherry Red Durango Citadel

1 Attachment(s)
The kids' 2014 Cherry Red Durango Citadel arrived at our local dealership today as a result of a dealer transfer. I'm attaching a picture. I also got a chance to take it for a test drive. Very, very nice vehicle. I did notice a paint bubble inside the fender, that you could only notice when the hood is opened. Just like Vertrkr. I don't know what's up with that paint area. Strange that it's in exactly the same place. I'm thinking it ought to be sanded and repainted, but an torn about touching it. What do you guys think? There is also an issue with the key fob not unlocking the door automatically when you walk up to the car and pull the handle, which the dealer is going to take care of. Otherwise, sweet ride. Now the kids just have to get here from Japan. Hope this Congressional funding problem doesn't gum up the works for their military transport flight on Thursday!

davewg 10-01-2013 03:30 PM

Re: 2014 Cherry Red Durango Citadel

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 902489)
The kids' 2014 Cherry Red Durango Citadel arrived at our local dealership today as a result of a dealer transfer. I'm attaching a picture. I also got a chance to take it for a test drive. Very, very nice vehicle.

Looks awesome! Can't wait for ours (which is in production now).

Quote:

I did notice a paint bubble inside the fender, that you could only notice when the hood is opened. Just like Vertrkr. I don't know what's up with that paint area. Strange that it's in exactly the same place.

At least its consistent. The painting is all automated - might just be that area of the fender.

Quote:

Now the kids just have to get here from Japan. Hope this Congressional funding problem doesn't gum up the works for their military transport flight on Thursday!

Safe travels to them! I know you'll be very happy to see them.

Laureljoke 10-01-2013 03:54 PM

Gorgeous. REALLY like the Citadel in that color. Glad you enjoyed the ride. Fingers crossed your kids DO make it home safely and on time! Hope they are delighted.

JoeyD 10-01-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 902532)
Gorgeous. REALLY like the Citadel in that color.

I'll second that! I never really seriously considered red for my choice...(not even sure why). Looks great!

chaunceyjb1 10-01-2013 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the bubbled up paint inside the engine compartment.

davewg 10-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 902561)

Yeah - a light sanding/touch up.
I bet you could get the dealer's body shop to do it under warranty.

davewg 10-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 902554)
I'll second that! I never really seriously considered red for my choice...(not even sure why). Looks great!

Makes me happy about our choice of color (Limited trim it may be) with all the positives comments

:)
:thumbsup:

Laureljoke 10-01-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 902568)

Makes me happy about our choice of color (Limited trim it may be) with all the positives comments

It will look every bit as good on your Limited. Contrary to other threads, I'm not telling you what I think you want to hear, I'm telling you what I KNOW you want to hear. JK, it will look terrific and we will look forward to seeing your pics too!

chaunceyjb1 10-01-2013 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple more shots, that may interest only me. I've not had experience with projection headlights before. While I was taking a couple shots inside the dealership, I thought I'd turn on the lights to see if I could see the led lights. I couldn't really, but what I found interesting was the difference between holding my camera phone at waist-high (directly in front of the projection lights) and chest-high, where you could hardly tell the lights were on. Amazing.

chaunceyjb1 10-01-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 902568)

You're gonna love it.

vertrkr 10-01-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 902561)

Jeez, that's worse than I got. Easy enough for a body shop to fix but I'm a little surprised Chrysler finds this acceptable.

chaunceyjb1 10-03-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 902588)
Jeez, that's worse than I got. Easy enough for a body shop to fix but I'm a little surprised Chrysler finds this acceptable.

Update: Dealer contacted Chrysler and they agreed to pay to have that area inside the engine compartment sanded and repainted, in fact that's being done as I type.

As for the problem with the door locks not working properly, turns out there was a loose connector of some kind. The device the wire connected to is in the rear of the vehicle somewhere. They had the floor of the storage area all torn up to find it. The dealer said it was an easy fix, just snapping it closed, but a bear to find.

Message in this is to check your vehicles over. It was much easier to get that painting approved when the problem is discovered predeliver and holding up the sale.

So the paint should be dry and vehicle ready to go late tomorrow. And the kids touched down today in Seattle, so they're back on US soil! Picking them up tomorrow at 5p in KC.