Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   2014.5 Summit black interior now copper/silver?!?! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/2014-5-summit-black-interior-now-copper-silver-66151.html)

aggieco03 10-01-2013 03:15 PM

2014.5 Summit black interior now copper/silver?!?!

Does anyone have a 2014.5 summit with black interior? When I ordered my summit CRD the black interiors had all silver trim. I noticed the new black interiors have that craptastic gold and silver trim.....please tell me it is the pictures and not a reality!

JeepGCOverland 10-05-2013 08:45 AM

Re: 2014.5 Summit black interior now copper/silver?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggieco03 (Post 902501)
Does anyone have a 2014.5 summit with black interior? When I ordered my summit CRD the black interiors had all silver trim. I noticed the new black interiors have that craptastic gold and silver trim.....please tell me it is the pictures and not a reality!

I am sorry to inform you that they did in fact switch over to copper trim for the 2014.5 Summits.

Zybane 10-05-2013 09:02 PM

Copper is not gold. I think it is a good change as it looks excellent. Everyone and their mother does silver trim on their interiors. I will say though that the copper does look better with the jeep brown interior.

mfa81 10-05-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zybane (Post 904726)
I will say though that the copper does look better with the jeep brown interior.

agree! would love to see brown/copper and black/silver... this would be a top of the line interior color matching

rbkenhouse 10-08-2013 06:51 PM

First time post... I have a summit on order and am reading these post on interior trim changes. I ordered black leather with silver trim. Is this true no longer silver offered?? Is the new color more of a bronze color rather than gold? Thanks so much for any information provided.

JeepGCOverland 10-08-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbkenhouse (Post 906635)
First time post... I have a summit on order and am reading these post on interior trim changes. I ordered black leather with silver trim. Is this true no longer silver offered?? Is the new color more of a bronze color rather than gold? Thanks so much for any information provided.

The silver trim has been changed to copper trim. I would say that it is definitely more copper/bronze than gold.

mfa81 10-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 906688)
The silver trim has been changed to copper trim. I would say that it is definitely more copper/bronze than gold.

should be the same color used in the overland I believe

kefer 10-09-2013 10:39 AM

I have the brown w/ copper trim Summit interior. I hate gold anything (cars, iPhones, etc.) but I really wanted the brown leather. After spending time in several different GC's, the brown/copper really started to grow on me. I've had it now for six months, and am not sorry I decided on it at all. The only thing I would change if I could is the center console - not so much because of the color but because I think in the Summit trim level it should be wood, not colored plastic.

rbkenhouse 10-09-2013 07:24 PM

Thanks so much for the responses to my post. I hope I am happy with the change on the trim. My summit should be in within the next couple of weeks. I guess I will find out.

Oldbay 10-16-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggieco03 (Post 902501)

Yes, it's a copper. I just picked up my 2014 Summit with the black interior and the second color around the trim is a slight copper. It blends well and is not "in your face" as much as one might think. It's subtle.

Regards,
John

CNY_WK2 10-16-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldbay (Post 911789)
Yes, it's a copper. I just picked up my 2014 Summit with the black interior and the second color around the trim is a slight copper. It blends well and is not "in your face" as much as one might think. It's subtle.

Regards,
John

When I drove a Limited with black interior it had the cooper and it blended really good. What seemed a little off was the shifter had chrome on it and looked out of place with all of the other trim

Damn Dude 12-08-2013 12:58 PM

Was searching the forum with this same question/concern. I have a Summit on order with the black interior and was thinking it would have the silver trim.

Does the Overland black interior come with silver trim still? Guess my real question is, "what trim's are interchangeable?"

Will the SRT or Overland trims fit the Summit if you wanted to change out the copper?