Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Flag mounts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/flag-mounts-66210.html)

loveracing1988 10-03-2013 12:57 AM

Flag mounts

I'm thinking about taking my wife to Silver Lake sand dunes in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever mounted a flag to their WK2's? I don't want to be drilling holes in the body or punching holes in the bumpers so I was thinking about putting something in the trailer hitch receiver, but the only one I found is for a 3'x5' flag and costs $140. Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
Also, as we only have the Laredo the tires are 245mm's wide, should I be more concerned that they aren't 265's?
Thanks!

jp467 10-03-2013 01:05 AM

Re: Flag mounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveracing1988 (Post 903350)
I'm thinking about taking my wife to Silver Lake sand dunes in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever mounted a flag to their WK2's? I don't want to be drilling holes in the body or punching holes in the bumpers so I was thinking about putting something in the trailer hitch receiver, but the only one I found is for a 3'x5' flag and costs $140. Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
Also, as we only have the Laredo the tires are 245mm's wide, should I be more concerned that they aren't 265's?
Thanks!

I believe at silver lake they require the flag be on the front if I am not mistaken. I took my commander there a couple years ago and most of those places that sell the flags near silver lake will also put the mount on. It took them about 5 minutes to put one on the front of my commander and they did not drill any holes. I would not be concerned that much with the width out there you just need to air down to 15 or 20 psi before and then there are air stations when you come out.

eibyer 10-03-2013 10:28 AM

I saw this thread a while back on another forum..
Sand Flag - JeepForum.com

loveracing1988 10-07-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 903352)
I believe at silver lake they require the flag be on the front if I am not mistaken. I took my commander there a couple years ago and most of those places that sell the flags near silver lake will also put the mount on. It took them about 5 minutes to put one on the front of my commander and they did not drill any holes. I would not be concerned that much with the width out there you just need to air down to 15 or 20 psi before and then there are air stations when you come out.

That is good to know, thanks for the help.

loveracing1988 10-07-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 903466)
I saw this thread a while back on another forum..
Sand Flag - JeepForum.com

That's how I was thinking of mounting it but wasn't sure how to go about doing it. Thanks

eibyer 10-07-2013 11:46 AM

Do you have tow hooks?

loveracing1988 10-07-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 905462)
Do you have tow hooks?

Yes, that is what I plan on using if we do end up going, otherwise I don't see how you can mount one without drilling.

eibyer 10-07-2013 10:17 PM

Ah gotcha, I have tow hooks also that's why I remember that thread. It will come in handy if I ever go to Yuma.